xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Player Glitches  (Read 49 times)

Yan1978

• Archived User
Dvd Player Glitches
« on: October 23, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »

Hi

I just purchased an Xbox for some reason and am trying it as a DVD player.
I watched two movies on it so far and, even though its not the best player ive seen, it does the job well enough, better than my old Toshiba player. My girlfriend tried watching her Sex and The City DVD's this afternoon and came a across a weird problem, 3-4 out of ten times, went the episode goes from one shot to another, theres a very quick glitch,  in between. Its very fast, but from what i make of it, its as if the shot changed to the new one, but for 1/10th of a second it flashed back the previous shot then went ahead with the corect one. This is not between chapters, really when you go from one "plan", say a close up of someone having a disscussion at a table, to a wideshot of 4 people talking at that table.

Trying to make it even clearer, in case im not making any sense, let say your wathing just plain colors on your dvd, that switch every 5 seconds, well its as if when the blue changes to red, you see the red for 1/10th of a sec, the previous color (blue) flashes for a split second, then it goes back to red and goes one normaly.

Its not constant, as i said it happens about 4 times out of 10 switching of image. My old toshiba doesn't have this problem with the exact same discs, and we tried several discs, all originals.

Anyone ever heard of this? I need to know what this problem is and if it can be fixed.

As for Xbox version, i bought it about 2 weeks ago. was made in june of 2005 BUT seems to have the thompson drive, so it probably the 2nd model which is suposed to work well enough...

Thanks