xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Complete VGA Mod Guide (Diagrams, Hex Edits)  (Read 395 times)

leeloo5

• Archived User
Complete VGA Mod Guide (Diagrams, Hex Edits)
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

I think i understand the problem.

1.  I live in the US, and we don't use SCART from what i understand.  I looked on the internet, and SCART is nothing i've ever seen before, it doesn't look like anything i see on the xbox either.  The xbox in the US might have this, but if it does, it looks very different.

2.  Since my connections look nothing like this, i'm not going to try and figure out this mess, if other people want to, feel free.

3.  I made these drawings with the cable in front of me and i'm pretty sure that's what mine looked like, maybe they make them different ways, it shouldn't really matter.

therefore, this guide should work for people who live in the US.  as far as the cable goes, who knows, maybe they made a totally different system for those in the UK or wherever this SCART business is used.

goldstar0011

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

SCART is a european connection IIRC

Anyways,
If I make this cable but want to be able to choose to use TV or monitor, my DuoX2 has 2 banks, I flash one normally and another with the the VGA bios?

NHJ

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

hello, the link with the vga guide is down, can someone post a mirror please?

thanks

Chad N.

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »

As many of you that have used a X2VGA or Vdigi may have noticed, games played on a monitor look darker than on a TV.  Is this true for this VGA mod as well?  If not, what video chip do you have in your Xbox?

On the Xbox 360, the VGA cable displays games "lighter" than with the component cables.

By darker, I am refering to something known as crushed blacks in the video world, where details in dark areas are lost.

Here is an example:
click thumbnail to view full size

IPB Image
original image (as it looks on a television)

IPB Image
same image with crushed blacks (as it looks on a PC monitor)

leeloo5

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

1.  Try the link again, it worked for me a second ago, try copying it into the address bar.

2.  There will always be the green tint for those games unless you use the softmod version which supposedly fixes the problem (i dont have a softmod so i dont know), I think for some people HD mode doesn't work so they use VGA mode, I don't and never have so dont know how that works.

3.  if a monitor can support 720p it will be fine.  Here are my various experiences (never cropping).  one monitor displayed fine, awesome!!!!, one monitor wouldn't display at all, flickering in and out or not at all.  The other will display fine but tear the very top of the image in a weird way, so I just used 480p.

4.  My games dont seem darker, I have an xbox v1.0.  You could adjust the contrast / brightness i suppose.  I also noticed that many computer monitors wont display bright enough in general, maybe that's your problem.

Hope all of these answers help, I haven't been to the board in a while.

note:  its funny, I dont like any of the non-working green tint games except KOTOR and Jade Empire, but i've already beaten both a couple times.  its as if they dont want me to play them.

Mooner2

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

Great tut leeloo5, worked fantastic. Yet I have one problem that is making me angry. I have enabled 480 auto on the m$ dash via the hex code edit and if m$ dash works in 480, unleashx is supposed to work in 480 to but it won't let me change it. Any hints from anybody that has got unleashx to work?

africamagical

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »

ok, ive double and triple checked my wiring, and i can only get audio and no video through my monitor, anybody have any trouble shooting ideas?

leeloo5

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

try another monitor.  not all work, especially lcds.  You could also try turning the xbox on and then plugging in your monitor.  sometimes this works better.

unleash x:  no idea.  If you want to use this as a perminant solution and you like unleash x, i dont know what to do.  if you just want it for certain situations, you could use XBMC those times.

timo1023

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

Can someone tell me why this won't work on a v1.6b? Also, this mod can't go up to 720p?

No.1 G

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

Which 0.1uf capacitors shall i get? For use with the LM1881 chip, should it be the Ceramic Disc capacitors? If so what voltage rating should it be?

veeper

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(timo1023 @ Jun 13 2006, 05:53 PM) View Post

Can someone tell me why this won't work on a v1.6b? Also, this mod can't go up to 720p?

pop.gif Please read rhough the whole thread!  pop.gif

Anyways, until now nobody figured out how to manipulate the gpu/ video encoder in order to output RGB instead of YCbCr. For the resolution, there is of course no limitation except for your monitor, assuming you are using a cable in HDTV-mode.
Maybe one day there is someone who can make a hack/bios which will output resolutions like 640x480 and 1080x720 or 960x720?

No.1 G

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

All my games have a green tint but dashboard is normal etc, i got the correct bios but i must say the ind-5001 is buggy it doesnt pick up my g partition using .67 bios version.
Whats the problem?

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

I have a 1.0 modded Xbox with a Xenium Ice.  I was wondering what at the moment is the best, most reliable, most games work, etc...VGA bios for use with the VGA cable.  So far I have seen pixel8, TATX, and the iND-BiOS 5001 bios.  Are there any newer ones, or better ones available?  I'm just looking to get the best wink.gif

Edit* And X2-5035 I saw somewhere was said to have worked.

leeloo5

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »

1.   I use the ind bios 06 since my Hard drive is 120gigs.  Sorry, but I can't help you with not picking up the G partition.

2.  I also have a 1.0 with Xenium ice and i use the Ind bios 5001 vga patched 06.  

3.  Any capacitors should work, but i'm not perfectly sure about that.  I picked some standard ones up from Radioshack.  the cheap ones should be fine, but more expensive ones just allow for higher voltages (which should not occur anyway).

4.  I don't know why your games would be green and your dash fine.  Unless your games are on the non-working list, there should be no problem.  for example Halo 1 and Halo 2 work great for me.  

5.  For any display problems, it might be good to unplug the monitor cable and replug it in after the game / dash has loaded.  this way the monitor is recieving a steady signal that doesn't change around.  some monitors are pretty picky.

Note:  I'm only someone who sifted through many tutorials I felt were vague and unclear.  I only have one setup, a US xbox 1.0 with a Xenium Ice and I can only test so many monitors.  I wrote the guide to give people another perspective with what i think are clearer images.  I'm sorry if I can't solve your problems, I hope you guys understand and good luck.

notonxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

Been trying to find an answer on something......

I'm assured I'm getting the best pic I can with my setup. hd pack with the components to a component - vga cable. high res options enabled using enigma. I can see an improvement when I use a 720p game.

So my question is - why make the vga mod? Is the mod cheaper? Or does it give you something that my setup won't? Will something like x2vga give me anything i don't have now?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7