xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Help, No Video  (Read 239 times)

ncaissie

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

notdumb what is the cure?
Mine has no vide and no sound and it's a 1.4

I jumped the red thing but nothing changed.

I have tried HD, av and RF.

I just get a green led and it wont eject.

When I hit Eject it flashes green then stops.

elistion

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »

Here is what a normal 1.6 filter looks like.

user posted image

Here is what the apparently bad filter on this 1.4 board I have looks like.

user posted image

On to testing new shit out.

r-o-b

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

sad.gif

msrx7mh3

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

Any further news on this issue?

I too am having similar problems:

No video (can hear bootup sounds) via RGB

No video via S Video

No video via Component HD pack to PJ

__Xbox starts fragging soon after it finishes bootup

Have tried running a wire across the orange widget above the conexant chip to no avail

Have tried using the enigmah video disc- no joy

Anybody else?

elistion

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2005, 01:28:00 AM »

I forgot to take pictures but I removed the orange thing via tweezers and iron and bridged it with some extra wire from a lpc rebuild and it worked fine.

Only particular problem with THAT board is once a game is loaded the machine shuts off after 10 minutes or so.  I left the xbox powered on for 24+ hours, ftp'd ~60GB worth of "software" and it never had any issues.  Once a game was loaded however it would shut off after 10 or so minutes.  Immediately afterwards it wouldn't turn back on for about 15 minutes then the process just began over.  

Is the GPU getting too hot?  Power supply?  I don't know where to turn now short of just finding another board to work with.

msrx7mh3

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

Can you confirm if XBMC and watching videos works when you bridge that filter? or if anything that puts a load on the cpu makes it crash. Thanks.

r-o-b

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »

user posted image

msrx7mh3

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »

Many thanks for your pic- I'll give it a try later on this week and will let you all know what happens.

Cheers.

CapnCrunch

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

Similar problem on my friends xbox, has worked fine for a while now but suddenly no video on composite (original av-cable) or RGB (third party RGB-scart), the XBOX boots without problems, audio is present, and manuevering in the blind confirms that games can be started. Perfect video with MS advanced AV-pack over s-video howeverm (composite video still broken). AV-cables works fine in other boxes

Don't have the possibility to check the filter but will do ASAP. Is it possible that there could have been a shortage or something else if video cable was removed/plugged in when the box was powered on? We did this since we swapped two boxes on the same TV. I've done this probably a thousand times on different AV-equipment over the years without problems but maybe the box can't handle it.

Anyone with the same problem? (No video on composite, but on s-video AND the box booting correct with audio) that can relate the problem to removing/plugging the cable from the TV while the XBOX being powered on?

CapnCrunch

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »

Well I have an update on this issue. last night I wen't to my friends place, we opened his XBOX and the little blue filter looked as good as new. But just for the sake of testing I soldered a small piece of wire over the filter. Now the XBOX suddenly outputs a signal over composite video. However the image is very dark and blurry but nevertheless it confirms where the problem lies. Maybe if it was removed entirely, replaced only by a bridge, the video signal would be of good quality again, but we decided not to do so with the risk of breaking the box even more and a new cable for s-video instad of RGB will have to solve the problem. This small component seems to be very sensitive however.

{later}

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »

I've also got a 1.6 xbox with audio but no video output sad.gif

I checked the filter and it was burned. So I soldered it loose and jumped it with a wire.

Result: Same thing, audio but no video sad.gif

Does someone know what the exact name of that component is? Maybe I can buy a new one in the electronics store.

mungie3

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

I have the same problem as mentioned all of those times before, but I managed to get XBMC to work in 1080i.  But everything else either runs really skewed or just no video at all.  Xenium os looks really stretched, xbox startup video sequence doesnt show, but u can hear it, and only the top half of evox shows.

To get XBMC to work u need to:
have hdtv av pack.

go to MS dashboard's main menu. (navigate by sounds)
go to the bottom most tab(settings)
press down 3 times to go to video, press a
now u have a menu of:
-choose tv type

press down a bunch of times to get to 1080(the bottom choice)
press a
press left(selects on)
press a
back out of all menus.

the above steps should be done blindly.
now run XBMC

press down 5 times to go to settings
press right 3 times(dont press a), and down once to go to video (press a)
press right once to go to left panel(dont press a)
press down 8 times to go to resolution (press a and wait 5 seconds for it to switch), press a again to switch to the next possible resolution.

NOTE:   this only works for the newer versions of XBMC and only the default skin....

JustDanMI

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

My Box was doing the same exact thing as well.  Didn't know what happened, was playing it earlier that day, stopped, and then tried playing more later.  But when I went to boot it up later, all I heard was the splash screen and then I heard my music kick on on my unleash dashboard.  After trying different inputs on my tv, and trying 3 different types of cords running between the box and the tv, I had nothing left to do, but rip it open and look for things wrong.  Now I've had the box for 2 years now and this was the first anything has happened, and I do alot of tinkering.  After spending 2 hours looking over the board for burns or corosion, I could find nothing wrong.  I put the box back together and what do you know, it works.  I don't know how to explain it, but lucky me.  Now I think I recall my filter looking like the bad one in the pic, but I'm not sure.  I didn't see that pic till just now, and that was after I took the box apart and it started working again.  I know this doesn't help anyone, but I hope the same happens for other out there as it has for me.

mungie3

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

Mine works too now.  I completely took it apart, let it sit overnight, and put it back together in the morning...

mungie3

• Archived User
Help, No Video
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

This is what I had to do to my xbox to make it work:
IPB Image
this too:
IPB Image

As you can see I did extensive disassembling of the case, and I let it sit overnight.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5