xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Distorsion Problem  (Read 44 times)

AstroSaberIII

• Archived User
Video Distorsion Problem
« on: December 31, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

Strange problem i've never encountered before.  I think we'll need more information on your setup in order to correct this problem.  Good job describing thr problem, just not enough info on your individual Xbox setup.  I.E. cables used, version of xbox, mod chip, bios version, dash version, bla bla bla.....

Is your xbox mod chipped?
Did this problem just happen, or after modding something

May sound stupid, but did you inspect the AV connector for any flaws/bent pins?  Did you try moving/wiggleing the cable around to see if it has a broken/shorted wire?

Specter

• Archived User
Video Distorsion Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

Thx for the repply..

Yep.. for now... i have the motherboard in my hand... and 3 cable are connected..
1-AV cable
2-Power Supply Cable
3-Wire for the Power Button

I started with all cable plugged (IDE cable,Modchip, Hard drive, Dvd rom etc.. everything...

I removed one by one to test and for now i have only those 3 thing connected
I checked a lots on the motherboard to find some solder or burned spot and i cant find anything.. (its not my xbox... and i dont know anything about this xbox..
but if i check the Do its perfect condition (not modchip installed before me)
i tested the xbox with and without the modchip
the problem can not be a softmod problem or a tsop because all the hardware are in perfect condition.

and i used my hard drive, my dvd-rom etc...

Very wierd problem...

Its something about graphic problem..
Same when you install a wrong driver for your video card and you play a game with high settings and you video card can not render everything.. you see some glitch... wite texture.. .. same problem for my xbox..

Maybe the MCPX have burned inside the chip (too hot ..)

Specter

• Archived User
Video Distorsion Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 03:27:00 AM »

no body have an idea ?

AstroSaberIII

• Archived User
Video Distorsion Problem
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

Specter, did this problem just happen one day OR did it happen after doing a modification to the Xbox.

I'm still stumped - not sure what's going on.

I think you've done it already, but try a different AV cable (if you call MS, that is what they will tell ya).

When you get bad video, try turning off the TV (not Xbox) and turning it back on.

Also try turning on your Xbox with no game/DVD, and go into the video settings in the Xbox's dashboard.  What options are selected????

I'm having video problems as well, so I know how irritating this can be.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Video Distorsion Problem
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

Not the answer you were hoping to hear, but I'll bet that the glitches are unrepairable, probably a fault in the GPU.

I've encountered a few motherboards with various degrees of graphical glitches.  One was PERFECT except when running homebrew applications from one author, it must have choked on his routines.  This one I sold to someone as unmodded, an Xbox-Live Xbox, and it still works fine to this day for that purpose.

The others were annoying as heck; I pretty much wrote them off and used them for parts.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Video Distorsion Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Specter @ Jan 2 2005, 08:13 PM)
Ok thank AstroSaberIII for your tips.. but Perplexer have the right answer.. GPU problem.. not fixable..

ZeAliOuS

• Archived User
Video Distorsion Problem
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »

mad.gif
So it is certain that this type of problem is unrepairable? Sucks. Good thing the seller had a return policy, if he doesnt back up his return policy im probly going to hurt some one.