xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: New Hdtv Pack From Ms  (Read 198 times)

mrcmax

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

unsure.gif ...any suggestions for the problem though?

mrcmax

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

wink.gif

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »

Ok, so when you enable widescreen your XBOX buzzes and won't boot.  Is it the XBOX or the TV that is buzzing?

Also, have you tried this with the modchip turned off?

darth_jarret

• Recovered User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  laugh.gif  biggrin.gif

project722

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

so, im not sure what the differnce is, or if there is any difference, i kinda want the one with the box...what's ur guys opinion?

also, this is a completely different situation, but i was trying to use my standard video cables on a widescreen tv, and while setting the xbox dash to widescreen, it started making a very loud buzzing noise and then it wouldnt do anything, so i rebooted and had trouble starting anything from my evolutionx menu. any suggestions? (BTW, i have an x2 lite plus chip with a x2 4981 bios with evox on the hdd)

I would think your better off with the one you have, from the looks of the other
one, you would need to buy the component cables separately. The only thing you need
with the one you have is a toslink cable. And thats optional.

As far as your problem goes, standard video cables, or composite, are limited to NTSC signals at a max res of 650X480 with a 4:3 aspect ratio. The cables dont have the bandwidth to support anything higher.  Forcing the xbox to display a 16x9 over composite cables will not work.

Trevante

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrcmax @ Jan 17 2005, 04:03 PM)
heh...sry about that    unsure.gif ...any suggestions for the problem though?

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrcmax @ Jan 17 2005, 01:19 PM)
so, im not sure what the differnce is, or if there is any difference, i kinda want the one with the box...what's ur guys opinion?

I like the one with the box better.  My XBOX is far enough from my HDTV I had to buy extra long cables, and the ones built in (with out the box) don't look long enough, but because they are built in your are stuck with them.  To lengthen them, you'll have to get female to female adapters and additional cables.

However, some people claim a better picture with the newer cables that don't use the box.  I'd say if the cables are long enough, the newer one is fine!

Devo2399

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

I am very happy with my New HD Pack.. I bought the Mad Catz Component Switch Box and it works perfect for my projector... I was running S-Video until I got these cable last week... The difference is Amazing!!!!

mrcmax

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

the xbox itself buzzed, sounded like the hdd or something, but im not quite sure, it couldnt have been the red cables mixed up, because when this happened i was still using the standard cable. also, i was not trying to set it to high definition, just widescreen, and i know it can handle it because i've done it on my friend's box millions of times.  could it possibly be something to do with the evox igr and tsr settings?

anvil82: do u have any pics, i was planning on doing that as well.

mr ed: this one should be fine for me, its perfect size sitting in my entertainment center

Mr Ed

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrcmax @ Jan 18 2005, 04:25 PM)
the xbox itself buzzed, sounded like the hdd or something, but im not quite sure, it couldnt have been the red cables mixed up, because when this happened i was still using the standard cable. also, i was not trying to set it to high definition, just widescreen, and i know it can handle it because i've done it on my friend's box millions of times.  could it possibly be something to do with the evox igr and tsr settings?

Try disabling your modchip, setting it to widescreen, and playing an original game.  See if it does the buzzing then.

epsilon9090

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »

I went to Best Buy yesteday to get my new hd pack for my xbox, expecting the typical box with the component connectors built into it.

Instead, it seems that MS changed the HD pack. The pack is now one thick cable, with component male on the end. I wanted to use my own cables, so this forced me to use couplers.

Just wanted to let people know. Oh yeah, the cable is excellent quality though, and it resembles the monster hd cable for xbox. Connectors are also very durable.

celinedrules

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

I wanted to use my own cables, so this forced me to use couplers.
They have been around for a while. I hope you did that just to increase the length not the quality.

epsilon9090

• Archived User
New Hdtv Pack From Ms
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

gaha, of course i did it to extend legnth.

i have an infocus 4805 with about 30 feet of rg6 to my entertainment center. with the box i could have just plugged the cable in but no now i have to use couplers, furtherly degrading my image quality. any idea why they would change it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]