xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Really Need Your Help Here Guys  (Read 43 times)

slam2

• Archived User
Really Need Your Help Here Guys
« on: October 07, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

Just a thought

I have slayer's 2.6 on my xbox and I haven't messed around with any of the config, the default apps / settings are exactly as they were when I installed it. Maybe somebody could give me the controller directions to get into XBMC or Enigmah (I heard it was on 2.6) and I might be able to fix it that way.....I'd be driving blind so to speak, but at this point.....

Thx, Slam.

hockeyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

I messed up mine once dicking with settings... had to call a buddy who had used the image of my dash.

You will need to make sure you get directions from someone with the same evox setup.  Also as you enter each new menu and even to begin... wait a few seconds as the screen fades in and it may take a second to register.  Also, as you go down each level in the menu dont press down for too long as you will skip multiple levels and your counting will be off.  If you are bored and have time to kill... you could go through all the permutations of the menu:)

I know that wasnt too much help.. if any...

Good luck.

hockeyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

Actually... you should be able to look at your .ini file to see the levels and that should give you an idea of how many you need to go down and so forth.

fahrenheit

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »

Sorry, this maybe obvious, but are you making sure you power off the console after pressing 'B'? The change won't be made until you restart.

slam2

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 07:15:00 AM »

Update -

My Ex-box is now my x-box again. Yeah I modded it a few weeks ago, but I hadn't gotten round to setting up the network stuff, plus I didn't have a backup of my eeprom, so the enigma switcher really was my only hope (other than find a pal TV / buy a TV card). I must have gone through over 20 DVD's, burning the image as it was, padding it out to make it bigger, taking an Iso disc I knew booted fine (Ie Slayers install, my Chronicles of Riddick backup) and replacing the default.xbe with the one from Enigmah. In the end I think just the original enigmah iso, burned at 1X did the trick. I had pretty much given up hope, and had even swapped out my Sony DVDRW drive from my PC and was booting with that (and yeah it booted my games fine). It's been a learning experience for sure, won't be touching that option again in a hurry....thanks for the replys though, it's appreciated.

Slam