xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Swapping A/v Packs  (Read 62 times)

phrozenfeonix

• Recovered User
Swapping A/v Packs
« on: January 25, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »

I have an OLD beater of a TV, and it has an RF input. Now on my computer i have a Video Capture card, and the card only has RCA and S-Video inputs, now my question is, can i ground out a point or 2 on the pins on the bottom side of the motherboard, so that i can swap packs (RF for TV, and RCA for computer) WITHOUT my xbox resetting. This way i can take screenshots of things on my box, but still be able to play on my tv. Or if i could just have dual output for the 2 so i can possibly record on my computer while i play. Any help? TIA

{{DEMON}}

• Archived User
Swapping A/v Packs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

This is simple.. U said your Video card has RCA IMPUT..

OK check this out.  USe the Standard cables the xbox came with.

GO to radio shack and buy 2 things..

A rca splitter and a extra rca wire.. and buy the RCA RF switch.

Should cost you under $20.00 The rf swich they sell will allow you tonnect RCA wire to it then go coax to your OLD BEATER OF A TV.

make sure before you plug the Video into the RF box you plug the splitter into it. One goes to the RF box then to your TV and the other RCA goes to the input of your capture card.  You can even split the audio too if you capture card has rca audio imputs too. you just need 2 more y cables and 2 more rca cables.

{DEMON}

PS if you want to ground out the xbox so it thinks the cable is constally attached, The solution is very simple, just connect pins 2 and 3 on the A/V connector and it will fool the xbox into thinking that the cable is actually attached

phrozenfeonix

• Recovered User
Swapping A/v Packs
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

well it works for removing the RF adapter, then reinserting it. but now if i went to plug the RCAs in, it still resets!! any other ideas?

phrozenfeonix

• Recovered User
Swapping A/v Packs
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »

*TRIP*... err... *BUMP*
only need to know if there's ANY points on the mainbaord i can solder to fool the box into thinking there's always a pack there