xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This Normal  (Read 63 times)

pc2xbox

• Archived User
Is This Normal
« on: January 20, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

unsure.gif

ChrisF

• Archived User
Is This Normal
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

For the skin that you are using there is a skin.ini file that contains the coordinates for the text.  The image just isn't fitting your tv exactly.  You can change the skin settings - there are editor programs if you don't want to try manually.  I started building my own skins just for this reason.

pc2xbox

• Archived User
Is This Normal
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »

I too build my own skins for this reason, but my concern is Linux, I can't see the task bar very well.

But I do recall reading a post By you saying you had video problems, I had the same ones and had to buy a AV cable that had s-video, because my composite stopped working.  So is this possibly the problem that something went wrong inside my xbox and it is stuck on widescreen or does everyone have this problem?

ChrisF

• Archived User
Is This Normal
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

I remember your post.  I didn't have video problems - it was the guy who started the thread (I think he blew his PS when it was attached to the MB and then tried to replace just the PS with one from a different version Xbox if I remember correctly).

I don't use Linux much but I remember setting up GentooX and after the basic setup I had to experiement quite a bit with the video configuration specifying new values to get it perfect on my set (first black borders then a cut taskbar - just kept trying to get it down - PITA since I had to reboot it every time - unfortunately without 1080i support it's not worth it to me right now).