xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Xbox Hd To Vga Tutorial Is Up!  (Read 154 times)

gerzand

• Archived User
New Xbox Hd To Vga Tutorial Is Up!
« on: January 12, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

Im not quite following your ideas displayed in your illustrations.... could you explain a little better?

Soup

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (gerzand @ Nov 12 2003, 07:55 AM)
HD Pack To VGA Tutorial

Oh no, the image isn't working (it says 'account is not active at this time'), could someone mirror it please?

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 07:01:00 AM »

I'm in the middle of class right now, but ill fix it when i get back in a few hours. They suspended my account due to heavy traffic.

Gerzand

Soup

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »

Okay if needed I can probably host it, how large is it?

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

Its 56kb. PM me ur email and ill send it to u

Soup

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 05:55:00 AM »

Okay it is mirrored here now:

HD Pack to VGA Tutorial

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

Hi all,

Just thought id let you know, as many have requested, that i finished a tutorial on turning you MS HD pack into a female VGA box! Tell me what you think! I tried to be as clear as possible, leaving no room for question like the others out there. Thanx.  cool.gif      Gerzand

HD Pack To VGA Tutorial

**when you save the picture, its saved as a jpg in htm, but can be viewed manually in mspaint.

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 06:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rob37alb @ Nov 12 2003, 02:55 PM)
There's a cable that you can build as well, saves cutting into your hd pack if you don't want to, Here's the link, I have one about 30ft lond made with cat5e, you could just lob off the end of a vga cable and solder the rca's there if you'd prefer the higher quality cabling.

http://www.myhomethe...m/vgacable.html

Hope I'm not stepping on your toes gerzand, great topic for sure.
Cheers!
Rob

Not stepping on your toes either Rob37alb, but the problem with that cable ( i saw the link in one of your post b4 and made one) is that you have no 5V connection for the LM1881 chip. That cat5 cable is meant for projectors and monitors which can support Sync On Green. Which is like 2% of the population.  sad.gif  Thanx.    Gerzand

Rob37alb

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

My bad, I didn't realize that there was an issue with the green.  I run through a pj and never had that issue, sorry.  Yours is for running through a monitor I assume?  I thought any VGA fed device worked on the same signal types, my mistake.   blink.gif

Cheers!
Rob

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rob37alb @ Nov 12 2003, 08:27 PM)
My bad, I didn't realize that there was an issue with the green.  I run through a pj and never had that issue, sorry.  Yours is for running through a monitor I assume?  I thought any VGA fed device worked on the same signal types, my mistake.   blink.gif

Cheers!
Rob

yeah, mine is running thru a monitor. the signal types are different in component VGA vs VGA  because most VGA monitors require a Horizonal Sync and Vertical Sync. H & V are made by the LM1881N chip which is available to buy here:  PartsAndKits.com. Gerzand

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 02:44:00 PM »

Well yeah you could, but then you'd lose those analog audio capabilities. You'd then be using a RGBVH to VGA cable that attaches to the HD pack instead of VGA being integrated.

Gerzand

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2003, 05:56:00 AM »

Nice one Gerzand. cool.gif Am going to check it out and build yours aswell to help diagnose my issue.  beerchug.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »

Good tutorial.  But instead of individually having to wire each blue, red, and green wire, and their respected grounds to the appropriate pins of a 15pin vga plug (this is a pain in the ass, i have tried), just connect a vga to BNC cable up to the RCA video jacks via 3 bnc to rca adapters.  You can find these at radio shack, and are only $5 a piece.  The cable is about $15.  Then just wire up the sync seperator as you have described in the hd pack.  That's what i am using, and it works perfectly. wink.gif

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

your statement us somewhat true For-hammer. Pls dont take my matter-of-factness the wrong way.  wink.gif

Only probem is that you would have to sacrifice the L & R analog audio so you could use it for a  5 BNC to VGA cable. You CANNOT connect a 3 BNC to VGA cable with RCA couplers and expect to have H & V signals with a Sync Splitter mounted inside the HD Pack because there are 5 seperate signals (R G B H V). The only way would be to wire it INSIDE THE VGA to BNC cable .   Gerzand.

Habs69M

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 06:35:00 AM »

Hmm interesting enough, here is what i have.

HD pack modded with a switch to toggle either pin 9 or pin 11 (vga or retail)

3 rca to bnc

using the original HD pack wires RGB to connect both and using the L R to my amp system for sound (obviously)

I dont have the Sync Splitter mounted inside the HD pack and i dont have nothing connected to the H & V behind the monitor.

Everything works very well (some games and apps are green but loading them from within XBMP or last version of XBMC  works fine)

So with Xselect i just have XBMC as default dash so when i boot of my vga bios XBMC will be in true vga then i load whatever game i want (with some exeptions, splinter cell among others) and most of them come out with true vga   smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3