xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Same Problem- Different Day- Black Screen -help  (Read 46 times)

henkiebeer

• Archived User
Same Problem- Different Day- Black Screen -help
« on: January 12, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

EVERYBODY i HAVE THE SOLUTION !!!!

I read all the horrifying stories on this thread and I was afraid i didnt get my xbox alive.

I switched in XBMC to NTSC and then my xbox didnt boot anything again.

The solution I used... with many thanx from the people who wrote in this forum..

Get enigmah video switcher from MIRC xbins... read other topics for getting it
extract the short iso with an iso extractor.
than put some large files (for example  .000 or .avi files) in the extracted directory
then use xbox iso tool 1.1 to create an .iso file.
use nero to burn a blank (use an unused one) DVD-RW disc
then boot with modchip on and voila !

don not use CD-RW because it doesnt work in my case. DVD-RW seems to be the best media a modded retail xbox can read.

People, there is alway hope!

Erwin from Holland

Harry Paratestes

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 04:50:00 PM »

You need a "Fluffer" file to make the image size larger. It will work if you follow the tutorial on how to correctly make the image.  Then burn it to CDR-W.

I had the same problem.

valis

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 12:28:00 AM »

Thanks for the "Fluffer" info.

But do I also need to change the settings in the Dashbord (EvolutionX), evox.ini & make it state "Yes" to autoload games?  If not, then how will the xbox know to load the Enigmah Video program?

Thanks again.

valis

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 03:23:00 AM »

Thanks for the help, the "Fluffer" file did the trick.  I've got my picture back.  Now I need to figure out why when I launch games from the HD, why it just takes me back to the dashboard.

It was working fine  before this incident, not sure what the problem is now.  Any ideas, or did anyone else encounter this after restoring the picture?

Thanks again.

-vAlis

rshears

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »

My poor old ex-box. I stupidly did the same thing, I was drunk a couple of nites ago and was chilling listening to music when I got confused and inadvertantly changed the video from  PAL to NTSC-J, now sound but no vision.

I've tried everything I can think of to rectify the issue (Disconnected power supply for a day, booting directly into xbmp having burn't a disk etc) but to no avail. My screen is still dark a gloomy.  No soothing blues of xbmp, no Halloween like greens of the x-box dash or evolutionX. I can not seem to do anything.

I've got the xecuter pro 2.2 installed so the former solution will not work.
Has anyone got any ideas to help this soul-less body drift out of the darkness and be able to play in the light again.
Thanks to anyone that can help.

Smithy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

rshears, can you ftp to your xbox?
If you can you can just use enigmah to switch the video mode.

check out the pinned in the xbmp forum.

If not then im guessing youve got one of the executer bios's on your chip.
the executer bios's dont seem to like it when the video mode has been changed. which means you cant ftp and you cant boot anything up from disk. If thats the case then you need to flash your chip with an evox bios, then boot up enigmah from disk and press ethier a or b (ones ntsc, ones pal cant remember which). then start up your xbox again...

Smithy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

FAO RAZIA, RSHEARS

Check out link my original problem/solution

Arius

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

(non-modchip hack)

as in the font hack

if the answer is yes, then it sounds like a clock loop thingy to me.

Leave it on and sometimes it gets out, sometimes it dont and you have to restore the original fonts.

Pensun

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

TRY THIS ONE ON FOR SIZE!........

NTSC-J problem + fragging xbox = SCREWED!!!

Lebikkel

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »

If you switch your xbox to NTSC-J you need the Enigmah Videomode switcher software (look for it via mIRC on xbins. You need a FTP program to). Extract the E.V.S. file, add a dummyfile of 50-100MB renaming to 1.bin. Make a Iso of the files (with simpleX) and burn to a cd-rw with Nero (burn image). Boot the XBOX with this cd, wait for 15 seconds and press A for PAL and B for NTSC-M. Reboot the XBOX and you have your picture back. If this is not working theres something wrong with the image you burned (wrong files or wrongly burned).

Short story (pardon my English, I'm dutch):

I flashed my Tsop with the Jamesbond/Mechwarrior hack. The xbox workt like a dream for 2 weeks.
One day I switch the xbox on and there was sound but NO picture. I started to worry that the bios was corrupted by MS because I notice the day before that the original dashboard had the xbox live option added by itself. Only after reading for hours on diferent forums I rememberd that I indeed switch the video in XBMP the night before. So many people with the same problem. Only my'n was a bit wors. I had no FTP and the box rebooted itself constantly (you coult see by a flikkering image every 5 or so seconds on the TV and the leds on the network switch going on and off). I spoke to some 'experts' and they all tought the xbox was a gonner. Even a modchip won't work was there comment. After finally finding the videomode switcher files I made the bootable cdrw with the files and popt it in the xbox. The xbox read the dame thing and after pressing the A button (dutch=PAL) I'll switched the xbox off. By rebooting the picture was back and everyting was normale again. In other words....keep trying. I know I did for 3 days.