xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: All Output Types Configurable  (Read 803 times)

EvilWays

• Archived User
All Output Types Configurable
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (laxb0y1o @ Mar 18 2004, 12:18 PM)
So final Product should look something like this

HERE

No need to take pin 11 to both pin 12 and ground, as pin 12 is a grounding point (as are pins 10 and 14). Unless that's the only A/V option you want, I'd recommend switches for grounding/opening those points. The end pin of a SPST switch would be wired to AVIP pin 10, 12, or 14 and the middle pin of the switch to the matching AVIP pin (9, 11, or 13...follow the order). The pins would then be "connected" or "grounded" when the switch completes the circuit and "not connected" or "opened" otherwise.

laxb0y1o

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2004, 05:24:00 AM »

ok i think i got it this time

I am sry but i just don't want ot get this wrong

HERE!

CybBlade

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2004, 08:44:00 AM »

wink.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

Pins 10, 12, and 14 ARE ground. In the setup you documented, no matter what way you flipped the chip, it'd be grounded. The switch would be more like this:

user posted image

So it'd be: nothing - pin 9 or 11 or 13 - pin 10 or 12 or 14.

Best setup would be three switches, which would be:
nothing - pin 9 - pin 10
nothing - pin 11 - pin 12
nothing - pin 13 - pin 14

The three switch option is best in case you decide to add more output options without the need of the AVIP (future-proofing).

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

Note: I am using dip switches for the AVIP mode selectors. They are tiny and cannot be hit or bust. Well maybe a 9mm might do it. ph34r.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

dry.gif

Looking at what bestplayer.de is selling for LCDs, they are selling at least two that are available from crystal (one of them being the CFAH2004A-GGB-JP). I'd say 96.8mm x 39.3mm, but double check with someone in the SmartXX forum.

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2004, 03:43:00 AM »

Thanks for the feedback EvilWays. I was on the Crystal site last night where it states that they have NO resellers or distributors, so your info about Bestplayer selling them is good news for me.

I noticed also that I can get the SmartXX from Germany too.

My custom case is coming along nicely am at the point now where after designing it and drawing up 1:1 plans, I choose to do it myself or have a company do it.

Don’t forget your free software worth $349 value at the conference. 

Just checked BP and note they have the LCD with the neater bezel, nice. Thanks. £20 plus shipping.
SmartXX chip is £30 plus shipping.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »

dry.gif

I didn't spend two semesters learning about Access and one semester learning VBA for Access for nothing...to each their own I guess.

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Look forward to seeing your work when you're done.

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

huh.gif

Tut is progressing OK. I have written and rewritten quite alot over the last week or so. Efforts are being focused on learning how to use Dreamweaver and my custom case at the moment. Am also seriously considering changing to a SmartXX from my current 2.2pro.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

I just realized something...while looking at one of my dead mobos, I forgot I removed the plastic bracket that holds down the heatsinks on the CPU and GPU. There's a hole on opposite sides of the GPU that may be meant for heatsink holddown. One of the watercooling heatsinks I'm looking at (Swiftech MCW50) has mounting holes for holddown. I'd just need to find out if the holes align...

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »

Nice, if they line up folks will find that info real handy. I have constructed a basic duct for the CPU/GPU so one fan is forced to blow air over them. My MCPX chip now has a fan/heatsink combo plus the other 3 fans I think my temps when cased will be cool.

Big HDD

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

im gonna bump this topic...no activity in almost a week!
but im not just gonna type "bump".....yesterday i spent a fgew hours doing multiple xbox mods......the  only a/v-related one was making a cable. i was gonna just solder them straight to the avip, but i tried that about 2 months ago and almost messed it up for good....so i played it safe this time and just made a cable with component out and coaxial digital out.....gonna put normal a/v on it next weekend....thanks spillage and L33 for the info you two have given me indirectly......w/o u 2 i would have spent 20 bux!

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

ohmy.gif

Anyways, I can't, well won't, tell you anything about my new case except to say that the decision to make it myself or sub contract is still in the air. I have borrowed a portable industrial sheet metal bender and have access to a metal working band saw, so we'll see. However the design of my new case is also 'on' file at the contractors so if he can do it for a sensible price, that means £100 or less, I would like to see someone buy one from him. I know what you're thinking now about new cases but I am making it for me, not to sell, but for me. If the contractor comes up with the goods I will simple post saying where you can get one, no promises, no strings. What I will say is that it will be 3mm aluminium and supplied without finish. They can do finishes but it will be far less painful to have a rotating pineapple jammed up your arse, than pay up! I am going to use acid etch primer from an auto shop. It's expensive but provides a tough finish.

The design has changed slightly to allow someone to build everything in the tut and add the expensive video distribution pcb later. Still working on exactly how I will achieve this. Video distribution requires, in my mod anyway, a manufactured pcb, total cost is estimated at aprox £70, which quite a lot just to get two video o/ps at the same time.

As previously mentioned I want to change my chip to the rather tasty SmartXX and am deciding whether to fit the LCD or use a small LCD TFT screen like the Hip Screen.

Hip Screen Posting by Forta-Kon

If the LCD is perfectly visible, at close quarters to see music selection etc with XBMC then I will use one instead of the LCD (20x4 display).

Hopefully I have solved the common cooling issue for my WD2500BB.

HDD Heatsinks

Big HDD you must either spying on me or we're connected somehow laugh.gif I was thinking the same thing so I posted this as an update. I am glad the I have been able to help you. Anyone is welcome to pm or post issues concerning video and I will do my best to help.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (spillage @ Mar 29 2004, 12:21 AM)
The design has changed slightly to allow someone to build everything in the tut and add the expensive video distribution pcb later. Still working on exactly how I will achieve this. Video distribution requires, in my mod anyway, a manufactured pcb, total cost is estimated at aprox £70, which quite a lot just to get two video o/ps at the same time.

Maybe just add a link to the design template and let everyone else worry about making, or having someone else, make the PCB.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22