xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: From Optical To Coax, Still No Dolby. Help  (Read 56 times)

spillage

• Archived User
From Optical To Coax, Still No Dolby. Help
« on: October 24, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »

The digital output is not configurable, except for on/off of course. Make sure you have the sound menu in M$ set the digital settings right on your box. If your amp says no joy then I would piont a finger at the amp settings for the digital input. The convertor only converts the electrical output from the TOSLINK and presents it on an RCA/Phono connector.

mathias

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

I agree with spillage with this one go to your reciever menu and under input put on auto it might be on coax or optical and got confused so put on auto and see if that works what brand is your reciever?

yrga

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (F-TIMMER @ Oct 24 2003, 10:17 PM)
you can also wire a coax inside the xbox itself. i did this it works fine. theres some tutorials on this .

Yeah, if have no other options, wire the coax in the xbox... if you don't know ho to solder, take your Xbox to your local electronic technician (yeah, the guy who repairs radios and Tvs), take him the diagrams and you are ready to go... as long as I remember, it is rather simple to do the wiring

Kermit_2002

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

Actually, you CAN get cables with coax here in europe. Just look for 3rd party ones. I bought myself one with scart and digital+analoge outputs at the Mediamarkt in Holland for about €8.

Thought I saw one in a toy store a couple of days ago too.

Nathan561

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 01:18:00 AM »

wink.gif

Try it.