xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Very Weird Issue, Needed Help To Figure It Out  (Read 356 times)

fuji_man

• Archived User
Very Weird Issue, Needed Help To Figure It Out
« on: January 06, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »

I just purchased a used broken xbox from someone, they said it is hard modded and they deleted some file inside the hdd while ftp-ing it and now it is stuck on the xbox logo with the word xecuter2 on the bottom and won't boot.  

I was thinking I could just use swap trick to unlock the hdd, disable the security in the drive under dos, and put into windows or something and clone another drive to it then lock and put it back.  However hot swap didn't work, and I try to turn off modchip to see if I could boot into original dashboard, but I can't so figure that the chip isn't wired with dual boot, and I try to found the chip and solder the wire myself..  

However here is the weird part, I can't found the chip anyway on or under the board, no solder anywhere on the board, everything looks original (V1.0 Xbox).  So I though it is a softmodded system, but it is not, I tested it by putting a unlocked hard drive into it and it works.

So where is the chip?  If I can't found the chip how could I repair the hard drive?  I created a eprom under another drive but can't use the hdd unlock password on this drive, guess it is unique to the drive?  Also why hot swap don't work and does it actually needed to boot into dashboard before working?

Also I read sometime I could force unlock the original WD Drive but having wipe clean, if that is the only choose, what do I put back, do I just copy from the other xbox drive, do I clone the drive or it won't work and will kill the system because eprom is erased?

Please anyone could help?

This post has been edited by fuji_man: Jan 6 2008, 01:15 PM

andy_mg2000

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 07:28:00 AM »

Hi,

It seems the original TSOP on the board has been overwritten with the hacked xecuter2 bios, replacing the original one. This is an alternative to hard wiring a separate mod chip onto the LPC pins nearby and the reason why you see no chip attached to the board.

Since the hard drive you have is correctly locked to this xbox, there should be no need to unlock it in order to get it to boot correctly. You should be able to fix this by downloading "Slayer's EvoX Auto-Installer" to rebuild the drive. You should put the hd back into the xbox and put the Slayer dvd in your xbox dvd drive. When you boot the xbox up with this disk in it will boot this instead of trying to boot from the non-working hd. You should then be able to rebuild the hd to get this xbox booting again.

Andy

This post has been edited by andy_mg2000: Jan 6 2008, 03:29 PM

fuji_man

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 08:42:00 PM »

I inserted the cd, while it boot with the unlocked hdd, it won't boot to the original, so what now?  What could I do to rebuild it.  I could get the epprom backup onto the unlocked hdd and rebuild the hard drive could I?  Any guide for that?

andy_mg2000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »

I'm not exactly 100% what your saying here, but I think you mean the Slayers disk will boot, but the original dash will still not....? If so you need to rebuild your hard drive, since the machine is currently booting the Slayers dash from the cd, not from your hd which is still messed up.

If the above is correct, you will need to boot the slayer disk, choose 'REBUILD RETAIL HD on V1.X SYSTEM'. After it has copied all the files and returned to the menu, you can remove the slayer disk and restart. It should then boot up to the original dash. There is no need to lock the hd at all since your machine is modded and so the dash should boot fine afterwards without this. If the hd is locked already and it is the original hd that was in the xbox (or at least correctly locked to this machine), there should be no problem either, as it should pair with the mainboard.

Let me know how you get on.