xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc File Copy Loacations  (Read 423 times)

catflex

• Archived User
Xbmc File Copy Loacations
« on: December 16, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Ive downloaded a few intro movies and I was wondering how I go about applying them. Im assuming intro movies are the small animation/clip thats played when the xbox is turned on, is there a way to ftp them to my xbox and have multiple intros that I can select? or do I have to ftp a new one and overwrite the original?

thnx

catflex

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

anyone??

skyzerr33

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(catflex @ Dec 17 2006, 06:46 AM) View Post

Ive FTPed in to my xbox and I have the XBMC Dashboard installed (not sure which version), im wondering where I copy certain files for example music what file should music tracks be copied to for them to appear under the right section in the menu.

Put your music in a music folder either on E, F, G, drive
put your movies in a video folder either on E, F, G, drive
pictures in a pictures folder either on E, F, G, drive
you can always edit the source by press the white button to change the directory

QUOTE(catflex @ Dec 17 2006, 06:46 AM) View Post

when I have downloaded certain skins they require me to replace the web folder, im just wondering seeing as this overwrites the current skin will it also be stored as one of the optional skins?
thnx in advance

No i doesn't require you to replace the web folder blink.gif  all skins go in xbmc/skins/
if you are adding skins it does not overwrite your original unless its the same one
all you need is the pmIII skin that comes with xbmc and mc360 check the xbmc forums

QUOTE(catflex @ Dec 17 2006, 07:23 AM) View Post

Ive downloaded a few intro movies and I was wondering how I go about applying them. Im assuming intro movies are the small animation/clip thats played when the xbox is turned on, is there a way to ftp them to my xbox and have multiple intros that I can select? or do I have to ftp a new one and overwrite the original?

No. there is mods though that allow a intro movie

ps. you can check your xbmc version by going to system info
Always keep xbmc udated see what the latest version in the xbmc forums