xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wma With Id3 Covers Embedded Causing Problems In All Dashs  (Read 74 times)

Nicezia

• Archived User
Wma With Id3 Covers Embedded Causing Problems In All Dashs
« on: August 22, 2006, 05:24:00 AM »

Ok here is an interesting error...

I started converting my entire music library to WMA for use with the soundtrack options of the XBOX, then i found that the WMA format supported tags... tags which can be read by XBMC... so I started throwing tags on them.. then i found out they also supported embedded cover images.. so i did that.. First Album I converted worked flawlessly... (Gorillaz - "Gorillaz" Album.) Then i did the  exact same process to the next album... (Gorillaz - Demon Days), and found that it lost tons of information on the XBOX All it would display was the artist name, and trying to play any of the songs locked up the XBOX... just doing tags works fine with everything i've tried, but putting a cover image in the files breaks the file (still usable in windows, just useless in the XBOX (with any dash). I was guessing it was the image size but i tried making the image the same size as the first album ... no luck.

I don't have the skills to find out what the difference between one file and the other is that makes one freeze up the xbox, and the other not...

Sure i could get XBMC to read the Info From the Internet and cache the album cover, and for now that's what i am doing, but i'd like to keep my files portable with all the info inside them so that i don't have to have several different copies here and there... i'm trying to make my XBOX Soundtracks my sole storage place for my music files... with portability back to PC without having to redo tags.

Anyone suppose they could figure out what the difference is.. i'd be happy to send two sample files for you to look over to try to assertain the cause of the error.

Xbox 1.0
TSOP Flashed; {Banks 1 & 2 X2.5035} {Banks 3 & 4 X2.5035}
Main Dashboard: XBMC
Other Dashs Used: UIX, Avalaunch, Unleash X
DVD Dongle Kit
PC Software In Use: Xbox Soundtrack Editor; IMToo WMA-MP3 Convertor; FlashFXP; Tag & Rename