xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Come On <EVERY DASH DEV>, Join Up With Us!  (Read 177 times)

>lys<

• Archived User
Come On <EVERY DASH DEV>, Join Up With Us!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

We've already answered this question lots of times. Please do a search on this forum.

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »

smile.gif   Dont think there's anything we discovered that we didn't share out to the public one way or the other.

4) We have some really great ideas for how we'd like the next dash to look like. If we go with others, we wont get what we want, now do we ? =)

all in all... we're happy the way it is, and I belive the general public is earned with the way we do it.

Feel free to comment.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

closed

Skyblast

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

dry.gif

It's clearly stated on the top of this forum that XBMP isn't even in development anymore. Plus, who wants just one dash to choose from. Variety is one of the coolest things about xbox modding.

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »

and plus polls are annoying and  you could have broader choices other than "No im a complete moron" or "No i just dont care" ..........

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »

this will never happen.  It doesnt matter what you, or "the scene" thinks.  The only thing that matters is what the developers want to do.  Period.

h8raid

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2004, 02:33:00 AM »

First I want to appologize for my ignorance in posting this on each dev board.  I should have thought that through better before that, I also want to thank the mod that dealt with this because after realizing what I had done, I expected to have my account frozen.  So here it goes, to everybody on here I am sorry, and to the mods, I am sorry as well and thank you for your leniancy here.

There seems to be misconception about what I was actually trying to accomplish here though and that was again my fault because I was not clear in what I had originally written.  I was not trying to suggest that groups give up everything they have done, even though it does clearly read that way.  I was also not trying to say that the groups should abandon their projects.  What I meant was that I think it would be good if the groups would create a dash with the best of the best features that would be open source and could be used.  From there individuals could use it as a nice well-rounded feature packed and up to date base to build on if they choose to.  The goal here would be to create an archive so-to-speak for development.  I realize there are several current similar options, but imho there should be a more complete archive as the sources I am aware of are mostly for scripting.

Once again, sorry for the BS post, it appears majority rules that this is a junk post so mods it is entirely your call, if you feel this thread serves a purpose, keep it, if not, please send it to the garbage bin.  The more of these responses I am reading the more I am agreeing this thread is junk because I approached it wrong and it was unclear from the rip.

Thank you for your time and sorry for the waste of your time earlier.
Regards,
  -H8raid

ZASADAR

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »

its cool it would be nice though i wish i could program i would do what your asking

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

1. This poll's reasons are stupid. It should be: "Yes", "No", and "Open Source?" then people have the option to reply with a reason.

2. I voted no. As history has shown us, some people just can't play nice together. Having a CVS version of a dash will just pose more bugs. You'll get more and more people complaining how this open source dash screwed up their XBox because bios flashing doesn't work properly or someone didn't put restrictions on eeprom writeback. On top of that, you're going to have people that want to rewrite different things because they feel it isn't good enough. Eventually, the great coders will break off and do their own closed source thing, leaving the open source dash to those with talents less than desirable.

3. If you're a user and you'd like to see something added to a dashboard, ask the coders to add it. If they don't want to, respect them for their decision and move on. If you're a coder and you'd like to see a new feature in a dashboard, write the code and make it available for anyone to use without having to make their project open source.
Pages: 1 [2]