xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Best Dashboard  (Read 911 times)

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

Boy seeing all the votes that Evolution-X is getting, makes me wonder if the people voting for it have even tried the other dashboards.  I freely submit that Evolution-X is a great program that does exactly what it was meant to do, but it makes a very plain-jane dashboard that isn't pretty to look at.  Please check out there other dashboards before you place your votes.  At least run them as apps to see what you think...

m.e

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2004, 07:08:00 AM »

XBMC for me

QW Fan

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

uhh.gif) of the skins.......

lookformeb

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

Evox will probably come out on top just because it's the "newbie dash"... easiest to get started on.  Most people don't like change... so they stay with it.

neverwill

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2004, 06:11:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

CanadianCrackWhore

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

sounds swanky, i cant wait to get stuff rolling w/da dash

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2004, 08:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (lookformeb @ Mar 24 2004, 01:59 AM)
Evox will probably come out on top just because it's the "newbie dash"... easiest to get started on.  Most people don't like change... so they stay with it.

I disagree.. UnleashX is just as easy or easier to get started with and is also fully customizable from the dash itself.... Evox (aka EvolutionX) has probably the most widely known name as far as xbox dashes go.. but that will change very soon... with UnleashX incorporating a Game Save manager... and hopefully soon, a soundtrack ripper... The only 2 things that Evox has going for it.. that other dashes don't are the Game Trainers and BIOS Flashing... however, other dashboards have many many many features that evox doesn't...

UnleashX all the way

... hail to the king ...
user posted image

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (neverwill @ Mar 24 2004, 04:11 PM)
As of right now unleash x has the best features (file manager, text editor, video previews, soundtrack player, thumbnails, video skins etc etc.), but personally I'm an MXM man. The next version of MXM is set to blow everything out of the water, as it is incorporating the features I listed for unleash x, plus many many more. The community of actionscripters are doing some amazing things, head over to the MXM forums to see what I mean. Also a ton of new skinning features are being implemented (being able to use 3D text scrolling, 3D objects, video...basically everything).

I have the other dashes on my xbox as apps though, just incase I need to flash (evox), and I find evox's ftp works better for me, but other people have no problem ftp'ing with any dash that uses it.

Right now it's a very big time for dashes, some really cool shit coming up, can't wait.  beerchug.gif

whats that i hear?
An AMEN?

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

smile.gif

always has the pack leading features.. and with Xlink KAI integration coming very soon, should seal the deal smile.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2004, 02:09:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Intensecure

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »

Maybe I am being simplistic, but the new dashboard features seem much more important and relevant to everyday use than the new generation of modchips?
I don't need 2megs of flash ram when I use a single 256k BIOS, but the ability to ftp serve, mp3 rip, irc client, etc etc are ways to extend the functionality of the Xbox in ways that are so exciting and so in advance of any "games" machine.
Roll on the dashboard wars!

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

Totally agree with you there, i'd take MXM over a new xenium

lookformeb

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (BloodyMary @ Mar 24 2004, 12:15 PM)
QUOTE (lookformeb @ Mar 24 2004, 01:59 AM)
Evox will probably come out on top just because it's the "newbie dash"... easiest to get started on.  Most people don't like change... so they stay with it.

I disagree.. UnleashX is just as easy or easier to get started with and is also fully customizable from the dash itself.... Evox (aka EvolutionX) has probably the most widely known name as far as xbox dashes go.. but that will change very soon... with UnleashX incorporating a Game Save manager... and hopefully soon, a soundtrack ripper... The only 2 things that Evox has going for it.. that other dashes don't are the Game Trainers and BIOS Flashing... however, other dashboards have many many many features that evox doesn't...

UnleashX all the way

... hail to the king ...
user posted image

I never said I agreed with it, I was just stating that it is known as a noobie dash.  There aren't many tutorials which don't use it as the first dash of choice.

Morglum

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »

Its between MXM and UnleashX.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Morglum @ Mar 30 2004, 02:03 PM)
Its between MXM and UnleashX.

It's UnleashX... you know you wanted to say it... but your respect for BenJeremy made you include MXM as well... it's ok... I have many respect for BenJeremy too... but UnleashX is still a better dashboard...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14