xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Html Dashboard?  (Read 154 times)

wassco

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« on: February 24, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »

agreed, only cuzz ur opened to EVERYTHING then....u could just import flash/dhtml/ what not into it....would be the most powerful one also...

Biniecki

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

ya thats a great idea, dont know if ne1 is workin on such a thing yet or not

rab154

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »

rite im not 100% sure but wud u not need to have a html viewer/browser for the xbox before this could be any use, and as there is no independent html browser (please dont hate me if there is) then this would therefore be practically impossible for the mean time

tandylyons

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

Well I think it would be a lot easier to make a program to run local html files than to actually surf the internet.  

Is that what you are talking about?

wassco

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

no i meant that since html can incorporate flash and videos and what not, it would be SSOO much easier to make a *dashboard* that way,and if they did it would be 1000000x easier to make the dash to do what u want....the only thing is making the html recognize real-time button presses *like pressing tab through I.E*

lik eu could press the white button to select what area you want to scroll through *if there were multiple menus*

and u use the joystuicks or d-pad to scroll them,

and all that crap!

not JUST for viewing html online *that wasnt even wher ei was going with it*

rab154

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 01:12:00 AM »

either were we, to use your dashboard the xbox would need some type of browser application to view the "html dashboard" so you would have to develop a local browser to create this dashboard. But yes i agree the possibilties with this type of dashboard would be endless

Code-X

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »

biggrin.gif.

Can other C++ Compilers work with the XDK, I don't have M$ Visual Studio .NET 2003. I think i remember reading that GCC can but how would that be set up.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

wassco: that couldn't happen because every plugin (flash, media player) is compiled for windows, and it wouldn't work for xbox (atleast not without major modifications)

pSyCo

• Archived User
Html Dashboard?
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

Well...

For flash, there are Mozilla ports to windows + linux. But of course, flash player is NOT open source. BUT, I'm pretty sure the windows flash program for Mozilla could be used of this browser/dash were a mozilla port (correct me if i'm wrong... but it should theoretically be possible with a little hacking) *btw, doesn't neccessarilly have to be a Mozilla port, because porting from the FireFox tree would indeed be a good idea* ...

Question, would the mozilla/firefox liscense allow the use of the xdk?

AND, although this idea sounded pretty dumb to me originally, it doesn't sound half bad right now to me. BUT, I still don't believe it would be efficiant (speed being a big thing)...

oh yeah, and let me add this.... It's not really harder to grab html from the net on the xbox then locally. It's VERY easy to incorperate network support. I mean, common. Practically most apps/emu's for the xbox have netplay/rss/downloading of skins/etc...