xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Best Dashboard  (Read 636 times)

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »

hey think it would ever be possible to run MXM thru EvoX like Avaluanch?...or is it already possible?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (Corspegrinder99 @ Feb 15 2004, 04:34 PM)
hey think it would ever be possible to run MXM thru EvoX like Avaluanch?...or is it already possible?

It is possible, has been for a long time.

When was the last timeyou ran MXM? It's gone through a lot of changes over the last year and a half.

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

good point i will d/l the newest version of MXM and try it out.

also could you tell me how to run MXM through EvoX?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Corspegrinder99 @ Feb 15 2004, 04:56 PM)
good point i will d/l the newest version of MXM and try it out.

also could you tell me how to run MXM through EvoX?

It will run like any other game or application. Put it in it's own directory, add it to your Evo-X (unless it's already in a search path) ini file.

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

k ill give it a shot

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »

good point

andrusk

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »

good point.  Except the fact that most games for the xbox are no good and unfun to play.  Id rather spend my time making my dash look nice and loading all sorts of cool stuff like xbmc.  I probably use my xbox for 10% games and 90% watching divx movies, listening to music, or just having fun modding.  

I do agree with your theory, but theres nothing wrong with taking the time to properly configure mxm and have a kick ass xbox.

The LukeMan

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2004, 02:58:00 AM »

I like having them like this
Bank 1 -=-tHc Hacked M$ dash
Bank 2 -=-EvoX 3935+

I may switch from EvoX to Avalaunch tho

Patch621

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (andrusk @ Feb 21 2004, 09:03 AM)
good point.  Except the fact that most games for the xbox are no good and unfun to play.  Id rather spend my time making my dash look nice and loading all sorts of cool stuff like xbmc.  I probably use my xbox for 10% games and 90% watching divx movies, listening to music, or just having fun modding. 

I do agree with your theory, but theres nothing wrong with taking the time to properly configure mxm and have a kick ass xbox.

I agree.

I spend about 50% of my time modding, skinning, and tweaking the xbox.  That's the most fun. I'm an EET, and I enjoy all things technology.  I probably spend about 25% of my time with the emulators, and another 15% of my time with XBMP/XBMC. Probably about 10% going to actual xbox games.  Halo mostly.  I'm not real impressed with what we have to play with here as far as xbox games go. blink.gif

Again, if your going to "try" mxm, get the MXMTivo skin.  It's amazing.

V1510N

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »

laugh.gif

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2004, 04:02:00 AM »

tHc hacked ms dash owns all dash's

but its lack of ftp kills it (source anyone?)

therefore avalaunch wins by a fiar margin...

evox is plain
unleashx... pfft not gonna comment on that, would be too long and ranting
mxm.. is great but no where near dash useable yet.. (common whats up with the 2 minute wait when you reset the menu cache, there should be no cache to have to reset)
nexgen.. is more proof of concecpt then anything

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

smile.gif.. other then that its the best behind ava.. and im waiting to see what is in store for the future, like the text editor is nicce

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

smile.gif

and if ava gets some of the things ulx came with first, i dont expect you to do that because no ava users will go "OMFG THATS A GREAT ORIGINAL FEATURE!"

something that happened when ulx came out and people saw the game icons and background music  and stuff, they acted like it was never done before..

and why should anyone care about file sizes? its not like theres a difference in download time between 2 and 8mb or whatever the biggest dash is smile.gif

and C has 100+mb free for nothing other then dashes, so filesize really dosent come into play

i still cant understand how evox is winning this poll as the best dashboard, those people must have never tried an alternative... evox is so bare its not even funny :/ and it dosent have something the other dashes benefit from... UPDATES smile.gif

PENiX

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

Unleashx is my vote, so null.

Evox was great till unleashx came out, evox gets credit for being like the first most used dash ect.

mxm and avalaunch blow, i tried both of them

ilonely2

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Feb 24 2004, 06:03 PM)
hey man i have nothing but respect for you and the dash, its just the userbase i cant stand.. its somewhere between complete newbie and someone who knows what their talking about smile.gif

and if ava gets some of the things ulx came with first, i dont expect you to do that because no ava users will go "OMFG THATS A GREAT ORIGINAL FEATURE!"

something that happened when ulx came out and people saw the game icons and background music  and stuff, they acted like it was never done before..

and why should anyone care about file sizes? its not like theres a difference in download time between 2 and 8mb or whatever the biggest dash is smile.gif

and C has 100+mb free for nothing other then dashes, so filesize really dosent come into play

i still cant understand how evox is winning this poll as the best dashboard, those people must have never tried an alternative... evox is so bare its not even funny :/ and it dosent have something the other dashes benefit from... UPDATES smile.gif

Nice way to generalize there snipperkilla...  if I were to generalize the avalaunch community like that... based on the avalaunch users that I've seen post.. I would say that the whole avalaunch community if full of a bunch of whining babies and bull-headed assholes..., but I'm smart enough not to generalize like that... instead I realize the there are some stupid fucked assholes in all the different dashboard forums... but as a whole.. most of the users (be it MXM, EVOX, UNLEASHX, AVALAUNCH, XBOXDASH HACKED, NEXGEN or what ever users) are a great bunch who love the xbox and the scene.  Yes UnleashX is my favorite dash.. and yes I think it's filled with originality... maybe the features aren't original... but the way they have been implemented and the ease of functionality makes all the feal of the dashboard a refreshing experience.  Other dashboards are comming along great as well... reading in what's been added to the MXM wip releases...  beerchug.gif  BJ.. it will be awesome to give it a go on the next release... EVOX does what it was made to do great..  beerchug.gif  to the EvoX team... the Avalaunch team does a superb job of pushing things to new levels for the benefit of all the scene  beerchug.gif ...  The modded XBOXDASH... I simply love it..  beerchug.gif  to the xboxdash modders...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7