xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Best Dashboard  (Read 638 times)

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« on: February 06, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (X-Phile @ Oct 1 2003, 04:37 PM)
I dont care what the dash looks like. It's visible for less than 1% of the time my xbox is on, so I couldnt care less. As for spending ages researching, reading faqs etc just for something that looks better, well thats eating into my game playing time.

Beauty is skin deep, but functionality goes right to the bone  wink.gif

X

I would guess that the best dash for you would be a modified micro$oft dash then.. like the THC modified.... and then using a BIOS with a built-in FTP server (I think x2 4976 had this ???)  Anyway.. I have tried... EvoX, MXM, Avalaunch, MsDashboard, TCH MsDashboard, and UnleashX... I currently use UnleashX as my dashboard, and it is my current favorite... (um nothing wrong with that is there... I mean if I didn't try out different things, I might miss something good.. I'm only mentioning this, cause a few people have called me a person that jumps on the flavor of the month... personnaly, I think if they really only try 1 type of thing and never vere from it.. they must lead really dull and boring lives... SO F**K em if they can't take a joke), sorry for that off topic comment, oh well... anyway.. so yes, I use UnleashX as my current dash at the moment.. but that doesn't mean that it is the best dashboard out that.  The best dashboard out there will be the one that suits YOU the best, not the one that suit me the best.  If you use EvoX/UnleashX/MXM/Avalaunch/ect/ect and are happy with it.. I'm not going to tell you that you have to try something else, but I'm going to say that you may be missing out on some features that you might think are very cool.  There are features that I love about all the dashboards that I have tried... and if I could have all those features in 1 dashboard, how amazing it would be... as for now though... UnleashX has more of the features that suit ME better... but new releases of the other dashes / or a brand new dash altogether could certainly sway my view...

discworld

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

FOOLS!

the tHc dash is EASILY the best xbox dashboard avaliable, as long as you don't need ftp from it.

www.xboxdash.net

have a look at some of the tutorials with pictures in them - you'll be very impressed!
Easily the best, because of presentation, because of power and speed, because of coolness, because of ease-of-use, because you don't need to edit it from your computer to get your settings perfect!

WAHAY! go get this dash now!

Dunny

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

MXM, EvoX, Ava, UX are all as good as each other.

Nexgen 0.95 looked very nice, real shame it never got completed.

The Pen is mightier

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

I am the only one that voted for hack MS...I like all of them actually, I have them all on, and use X-select.

heinrich

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (The Pen is mightier @ Feb 8 2004, 07:29 PM)
I am the only one that voted for hack MS...I like all of them actually, I have them all on, and use X-select.

That's prolly because I just added that option 2 days ago wink.gif
This thread was started quite a while ago.

The Pen is mightier

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

unsure.gif actually I've looked in this topic many times, I just never noticed I guess.

Patch621

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

I'm not an evox hater.. I just think that the reason anyone chooses evox is because:
A.)  Haven't tried other dash's.
B.)  Have tried others, but, jumped to conclusions too early, not really learning the dash.  Trying different skins for all non-evox's dashes in imperative.

Wow, this one line post, became rather large.  blink.gif

Patch621

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

Wow.  I like MXM so much more.  Check this skin out.  It's fantastic.

MXM Tivo 1.4 - http://www.allxboxsk...app=mxm&pv=2887

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (Patch621 @ Feb 12 2004, 09:17 PM)
Wow.  I like MXM so much more.  Check this skin out.  It's fantastic.

Yes, it's an awesome skin (anybody who checks it out should view the VIDEO of it in action)

Boomboom has also created an Evo-X to MXM skin converter, so technically, MXM now has THOUSANDS of skins available for it. wink.gif

I can't compare MXM to the others on merits not released to the public, but just know that I'm cooking up some special goodies for the next release.

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

i love my EvoX dash

Morglum

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Feb 13 2004, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (Patch621 @ Feb 12 2004, 09:17 PM)
Wow.  I like MXM so much more.  Check this skin out.  It's fantastic.

Yes, it's an awesome skin (anybody who checks it out should view the VIDEO of it in action)

Boomboom has also created an Evo-X to MXM skin converter, so technically, MXM now has THOUSANDS of skins available for it. wink.gif

I can't compare MXM to the others on merits not released to the public, but just know that I'm cooking up some special goodies for the next release.

I hope its something real good, ive been tempted many times now to use MXM, but i was sucked into the lazy evox way, i unpacked MXM took one look at all those files and promptly deleted it  tongue.gif

Im using unleashx now though, and ive actually had a little tinker with MXM now too, takes alittle getting used to with its setup being quite differant to what im used to but its nice, and i reckon once im familiar with it it might become my main dash. I still want to read up on heaps more of the user guides/tutorials before i finally take the plunge though.

Either way its between UnleashX and MXM for me, my lifes so complicated  laugh.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »

You actually only need the default.xbe if i remember rightly.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2004, 05:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Feb 15 2004, 05:49 AM)
You actually only need the default.xbe if i remember rightly.

Correct.

MXM is designed to require only ONE FILE to run correctly: default.xbe

You don't even need to configure it.

Configuration, menu files and such are only needed if you want to tweak it to it's fullest potential. "All those files" will be greatly reduced in the next release, too. I'll be breaking out the release into two packages: Developer's edition and Regular. The developer's will add some goodies for Skinners and ActionScripters (people with problems will also be able to use the debugger in that package to help pinpoint issues), while the Regular edition will be greatly simplified in content.

I'm sorry that people are so easily scared off by the intimidating package. MXM is intended to be as easy as possible to use, but still retain the flexibility to make the power user very happy. Making a simple stop in our forums would clear up any confusion and misconceptions some may have regarding setting it up.

It even has quite a number of nice looking skins built in to the XBE file, with a variety of color schemes and layouts.

As for the next version, progress reports appear all over our forums, along with screenshots. It's not hype... I work with quite a few beta testers on honing the next release; I think MXM's next release should be a major event on a number of levels.

nihilistic

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Feb 15 2004, 03:49 PM)
I think MXM's next release should be a major event on a number of levels.

Woohoo!  Looking forward to try the new version of clearly the most advanced dashboard!

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Best Dashboard
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »

i have tried EvoX MXM and Avalaunch (thru EvoX)

i use EvoX and Avalaunch

i just cant get into MXM it tried it for a while but i always come back to EvoX
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7