xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dashboard Selector  (Read 152 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Dashboard Selector
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (PM5K @ Jun 25 2003, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jun 24 2003, 07:41 PM)
Want specs?

On bootup, the Selector app will look at the controller. If nothing's pressed, it will continue on to boot the 'current dashboard'.

If the right trigger is pressed, a "Quick-Pick" Dash menu will be presented, allowing you to select from up to 8 apps as a dash. Each of these are also assigned to a button, and you can temporarily launch that dash on startup by pressing the assigned button. If the Right Trigger is also held during the button select, that dash will become the 'current' default dash.

Left trigger will be for the apps... 8 apps, if the left trigger is held, you'll get the quick-pick menu for those items, and if a button is also held, you'll get that app.

LASTLY (phew...), holding both triggers will bring up the configuration menu.

If I hold all the controller buttons at once will the Xbox blow up ?

biggrin.gif

No, but you might manage to geta nasty cramp in your hands....

laugh.gif

thr3311jd

• Archived User
Dashboard Selector
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »

when will this project be finished?

krazyshane

• Archived User
Dashboard Selector
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2003, 10:42:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif   A launch application is what a dash is anyways.  I dont konw... it just seems pointless.  The launch last running app, and hold button to launch selected app features are already available in Avalaunch, so why not just add it to MXM instead of waisting your time making a separate app.  Please dont take this as flaming or get pissed.. I'm just curious about your reasoning here...  blink.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
Dashboard Selector
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2003, 11:36:00 PM »

This is to allow you to choose which dash will load on bootup. The BIOS only looks for files that are called evoxdash.xbe, nexgen.xbe, or xboxdash.xbe (in that order) when loading a dash, yet doesn't look for Avalaunch or MXM unless you rename the xbe for those dashes to one of those three names.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Dashboard Selector
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2003, 03:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (DuggyUK @ Jun 26 2003, 05:39 AM)
@BJ.

This is a GREAT idea... cant wait. I might even go have a go myself, if i can find the energy to install the xdk and VC++; and learn C++ again. Did it ages ago at uni, currently Java 100% ;-)

anyway I doubt I could do all that in 2 months so please go ahead. Sounds like the perfect solution.

I like the autoload last one feature, so i can just hit the power button and leave the controller alone (and the xbox ends up in a dash). Good for when friends come over and they dont know whats going on. They hit power and end up in a dash. When I take over I hit power and choose another dash etc..

Also; could it launch any xbe?, maybe one button would not launch a dash but launch my current fav game (i'd be happy to update the config with the path). dont spend too much time on this, I'm not after a complete dash like MXM ;-)

Yeah, that's what the other trigger does.... shifts the other buttons to select your own apps.

I've stripped down the core of MXM, removed music and graphics code, and have a built in font.

It will be a zero-resources app - just the XBE, and it will place it's own config files, if they are not found.

I should have something in a few days.
Pages: 1 [2]