xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Very Positive Response  (Read 96 times)

Xfreak

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« on: June 04, 2003, 12:31:00 PM »

I am VERY positive as well! cool.gif

I've tried NeXgen from the very beginning until now,and I must say it's really amazing!
Now with the latest version 0.95 release,I became even more positive.
I tried it and liked it so much that I made it my primary dashboard right away smile.gif .
The dashboard looks so good,and I am sure it will be perfect when it's at a later stage of development. wink.gif

Props to the NeXgen Team for their awesome dashboard and hard work!

Dunny

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »

using it as my dash, its great.

cant wait for the next release!

c-2

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

first time using nexgen when .95 came out and i have to say that it is pretty damn cool .. keep up the good work :]

Heet

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

wish team assembly could give us some screens but i guess thats called "hype" now.  Exit and Uber did an awesome job.

vtex

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 05:47:00 AM »

I agree, a fine piece of coding. My upmost respect to the peeps behind this project.

I am most impressed, even for a leak.

Perhaps in future options to change SFX and BG music?

theultimatechuff

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »

My first look at NeXgen too, just got it and it looks sweet. Ive just been going in and out of menus cos it looks so nice.

Only problem i have is that iget a black screen when i try and run something from nexgen - does it matter that nexgen is stored on my E drive?

Abysmal

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »

Yeah, i just tried neXgen about an hour ago, and im very impressed with it, well done team!

Im also getting this black screen when i try to run anything, I was just assuming that it wasn't working because it was a leaked alpha. I dont expect it to work, just to show what it can/will be able to do. Again much impressed, can't wait till next official release! smile.gif

Xfreak

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2003, 01:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (Abysmal @ Jun 6 2003, 03:15 AM)
Im also getting this black screen when i try to run anything

You seem to be the 2nd person with this problem,but I haven't encountered the problem (yet?) .

-On which partition are your NeXgen .xbe and .xml files???
If they are on E or F,then try putting them on partition C (like I said earlier) .

Can you post your NEXGEN.xml file???That way we can take a look at it to see if there's anything unusual or wrong. wink.gif

And BTW: NeXgen version 0.95 wasn't leaked or officially released.Someone had it installed on his
pre-modded Xbox when he got it,and decided to share it with everyone. smile.gif

KaoS

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2003, 04:49:00 AM »

great job guys.. tongue.gif

Xfreak

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2003, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (Abysmal @ Jun 8 2003, 07:09 AM)
FTP works too, its just very very silly (ie not deleting folders, or sometimes just dies).

this dash has a lot of potential, and definately a evox beater with a few bits 'n pieces.

Yep,the FTP feature works.But it's still buggy,and that causes the problems you have (I have them as well) .The most annoying is the "Out of memory" message when you've transferred some files,
but a reboot "temporarily" fixes the problem and you can transfer a few files again. smile.gif
It's better to keep another dashboard (such as Evolution-X) or program for transferring files between your Xbox and PC,because they don't have those problems. wink.gif

And yes,NeXgen has a lot of potential.The looks are already WAY better than Evolution-X,and it can
be customized as well.Also: you keep the original MS dashboard feeling! smile.gif

This already is the best dashboard,and it's only getting better.
It's just a matter of time before the bugs are removed and the official release is out.
Then a lot of people will start using NeXgen!

Widowmaker

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »

I think its great. I understand its not an official release and need some work. Things like being able to add a group to the main menu and not just items, ftp issues and sound volume differences (when scrolling items in a group the sound effect is much loader). Those are really the only three issues I have with it. I dont care much about custom skins and like the  original xbox dash so this one is just what Im looking for.
Some folks might not like this but I think the original xbox dash is the best. The only thing is you cant go in and change it. Now unlock that dash and allow custom editing and thats where I would be. Of course nexgen is the nearest to that right now.

Heet

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2003, 02:05:00 PM »

you can already add menu items.....

w m z

• Archived User
Very Positive Response
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2003, 03:35:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Xfreak

• Archived User