xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dashboard Wish List  (Read 157 times)

Ill187

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« on: May 17, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

Well everyones stated this before because it's needed. but I think having password protection would help. The feature of putting an animated gif or even an avi as the background would be great! Having the roots of the dash from M$ has its ups and downs. I think it'd be great if you could change the entire look but keep the animations there. I'd like the sound fx being there if you could change that also. Sound helps when your testing things out over and over. Maybe a mouse option for people with USB ports.

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

Adding the ability to play Avi, mpeg, and mp3/wma, into the actual dashboard without the use of XBMP...

Also, a customizable background, with support, for and including .gif, .jpeg, .x, .3ds....

Thats about all I can ask for...

senator

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (lucas @ May 18 2003, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE (Videogamebuyer14 @ May 18 2003, 08:29 AM)
Adding the ability to play Avi, mpeg, and mp3/wma, into the actual dashboard without the use of XBMP...

this is one of those things im strongly against, unless you mean as textures or backgrounds (like in MXM). if you want your dash to be a media centre, run xbmp for your dash ffs. theses are definately unnessacary features that the majority of dash's shouldnt have

Why ???
Well I dunno about that..I would like to have a box where everything is run from the dash itself eliminating the need for secondary applications...ie put a disc in with mp3's,avi, divx or what ever on it and it boots straight away and plays or loads a playlist, without having to fumble with other apps..
And of cause a fully customisable dash able to be set up as say a desktop, with the option to install or change as much as possible, even moving 3D screensavers etc...
Why limit ourselves to the 2D world..

Crash N Burn

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »

I 2nd that ............................1 app does 'ALL' would seal the deal . beerchug.gif  

,,........................................Crash N Burn

feflicker

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 07:22:00 PM »

this is one of those things im strongly against, unless you mean as textures or backgrounds (like in MXM). if you want your dash to be a media centre, run xbmp for your dash ffs. theses are definately unnessacary features that the majority of dash's shouldnt have

I agree. If everything was in the dash, could you imagine how many bugs there would be, and how long it would take to fix them!

Think about it! Would you want Windows 2005 to come pre-loaded with the MS version of every application you need for a PC? Enough people already complained about IE and Media Player... (I think the IE argument is completely stupid however)

New Things I would like to see in a dash:

1. Native File Management.
2. Web Browser / Email Client
3. Full Networking Abilities (e.g. Mapped Drives)
4. FTP Client
5. Skin Builder Tool
6. Defrag Utility

Basically, I would like to see the dashboard evolve into a fully functional operating system, pre-packaged with an extremely useful software suite.

In the meantime, EvoX is good enough for me!  wink.gif

Mshake

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 07:22:00 PM »

well, i know in the commercial world, competition is great but it may somewhat be different in the open source world and with voluntary coders such as those who build evox, MXM, nexgen avalaunch etc.... well i mean... is it acceptable that all of them could combine and trade interests and so forth?... incorporating all goodies and ideas into one singular release?.... at least this would be better coordinate without users having difficulty in having to read and learn all different configuration methods etc...

hhehe,, commercially it's for money, and if it's free of charge for homebrew applications, .. then perhaps it's for the recognition and flame-fest?..tongue.gif

Suggestions that xbmp be included into a dashboard is great....although it CAN be used as a dashboard at the moment..but would prefer better integration

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 07:48:00 PM »

Hell, why not a web-client built in?

There are excellent programmers, (XPORT, Lantus, BenJeremy) to name a few out there, who could make a great dash. However, I think Avalaunch is going in the right direction...

Halfbreed

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2003, 08:15:00 PM »

I HAVE CREATED THE ULTIMATE DASHBOARD SOLUTION!!!!
user posted image
Just select "EVERYTHING" and BOOM!!!
LOL biggrin.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »

Well, I think a must is to be able to rip cds like the MS dashboard.

senator

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

Yes I understand the magnitude of having everything incorporated in the dash, and the bug possibilities etc...Just would be the ultimate if all you greatly skilled coders out there could pull it off... biggrin.gif
But I would think a hdd defrag tool built in would be a good option to look into ?? beerchug.gif

lucas

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ May 18 2003, 03:30 PM)
Well, I think a must is to be able to rip cds like the MS dashboard.

this would be nice, one less reason to have MS dash on there. but if you intend to put a lot of music on your xbox you should check out the xbox soundtrack editior. http://www.xbox-scen....php?page=utils <-- just scroll down a bit. you can add songs in wma format via the NIC, no crappy song naming with the controller tongue.gif

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2003, 04:17:00 AM »

Just on another note here, but if this dash is released, they should make a bios that is dependant upon only their dash, and being able to remove the old Xboxdash.xbe.

Also, I believe that the dash shouldn't have to take forever to load. If you wish to play music, then you could select it from an alternate menu, it would just take time when you try and play a song. But I wouldnt say that anythings too slow for the xbox, so I'd say we'd be good to go for more options.

And definitely the ability to rip cds.

M3_DeL

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

Text editor and voice activation (like with cell phones)

record a tag to a app or game and when you say the tag that app or prog would run!!

elduderino1234

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2003, 11:29:00 AM »

all i can think of is a way to edit the .xml or .ini while in the dash. i hate having to go to my computer and edit the file and then ftp.

johnney5

• Archived User
Dashboard Wish List
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

Yea, i agree with BJ, an MSdash clone with all of evox's features would be nice.
Pages: [1] 2