xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nexgen Seems To Be Dying Lately  (Read 204 times)

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Nexgen Seems To Be Dying Lately
« on: April 30, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

The calm before the storm

kidzag

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 08:06:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

kidzag

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

lucas

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 04:52:00 AM »

yeah, from BJ's coments ive seen so far, I'd hazard a guess that a lot of the best MXM features will soon be integrated into nexgen

Jsmith

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »

I sure hope not.  Hope it stays independent from Nexgen.  
Thing with Nexgen is that so far they've shown us that there won't be frequent updates.  That's not a good sign for a dashboard (arguably the most important app for the Xbox).  So, why merge with them?  Besides...competition is good for all the dashboards.  It keeps everyone working hard and gives the consumers choice.

*EDIT*:  Out of all fairness, I just wanted to throw in BenJeremy's response to a similar comment on the MXM forums.  Here it is:

"As for merging with neXgen, I like Undead and Team Assembly, plus the neXgen project is firmly associated with Team Xecutor, which puts them on solid ground for many undocumented features. Combining efforts doesn't make MXM go away.... on the contrary, MXM would continue to work as a dashboard, but primarily, would really improve as a DVD-R compilations menu system.

There will be a need for application launchers to do a bit more in the near future; working with those guys will insure MXM stays current, plus I can help on the neXgen effort to provide both my experience and ideas, as well as commonize many things.

My involvement with neXgen would be a win-win all around, I think, except for those dashboards unwilling to keep up with the rest of the world. "

gnutellafan

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (4me2 @ May 2 2003, 11:23 PM)
http://teamxecuter.c...=&threadid=3666

Its a video of the old version of neXgen. In fact the vid came from a xbox-scene member here on this very forum. I posted if on freenet and it is mirrored on the regular web at the link provided.

XeRpHoN

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »

smile.gif Hope they don't call it quits sad.gif