xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Another idiot bashing neXgen  (Read 130 times)

mingwingming

• Archived User
Another idiot bashing neXgen
« on: March 24, 2003, 03:43:00 PM »

I would say a bit harsh a bit pathetic, and another not refreshing post about nexgen,    
The guyz behind ALL these dashboards and apps  "nexgen, evox, xbmp,alphapad etc etc"  all deserve a very big thanks from the likes of us, not pointless bullshit abuse..  
At this moment in time I`m using Xbmp as my dash and would find it hard to believe that ANYTHING could replace it, but thats MY choice at the moment , and every one has their own thoughts.  
I will look forward to checking neXgens new release when & if it comes, until then I shall continue with XBMP  & should any dash prove to be better than XBMP then I will change.    

Anyway If you don`t like it  then simple use something else..  Or make something better yourself...
God knows I have seen so many of these threads makes me puke with madness !!  

mingwingming

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 05:16:00 PM »

Geesh... You sound is if you were personally owed something  by the developers of Nexgen.    What gives?  Do you toss and turn at night because theres no new release?  Do you have a Nexgen shrine built in the corner of your room?  Are you waiting for that Nexgen phone call asking you for a date?  Get real!

All the above said stuff in the previous post is volunteer work so blow it out your ASS!   Why don't you stop taking things for granted and start being a little more appreciative.  By the way turn around.  Your mother is standing behind you waiting to wipe your nose.

lucas

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (CowBallz69 @ Mar 25 2003, 10:22 AM)
thanks nexgen for not coming out with any more versions of your product. im so glad that u were listingin to all these assholes talkin shit about it because thats what u guys get for sucking d*ck to much.nexgen looked hoorable bad, caca ,dookie, looks like the middle of my a$$ (get the picture??)so get the cum out of your eyes and never try to make a sh*t dash like that any more( sorry admin if i was harsh but its apart of freedom of speach)  
wacko.gif

awwww.... did bubba make your asshole ouchie today?

DANNYstallone

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »

OHHH ITS NOT neXgen ITS neXcrap FORGIVE MY SPELLING (COWBALLZ69)

Xfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 02:28:00 AM »

What's up with all the NeXGeN bashing these days??? huh.gif

NeXGeN rules,it just needs a new bug-fixed release wink.gif .
I can't wait to set a new NeXGeN release as my primary dashboard! smile.gif

To the NeXGeN-team guys: don't listen to the crap bashing!
Try fixing the bugs and release a new version,and you will have the best dashboard ever!
Good luck wink.gif .

kaioshade

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 06:17:00 AM »

they only do it because they can hide behind a little computer screen and say that crap. dont even bother replying to them and the little retards will go away.

razorrifh

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 06:22:00 AM »

they really should at least send out a fix for the ftp... thank god they made it so you could turn the music off though, heh.

kaioshade

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2003, 07:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (scsitit @ Mar 26 2003, 09:51 AM)
Okay, i'd have to agree with this first guy.  Even though i dont have his bad attitude or anger i feel a bit bad over the whole situation.  I love neXgen for showing what can be achieved by xbox homebrew, but the way they spoke of neXgen as the second coming of jesus and said that it'd have great features, christ even Xecuter mentioned them every two seconds in their press releases.  It just seemed to be much ado about not that much.

Guys, prove me wrong.

i dont have to prove you wrong. i could easily say "you program your own dash and lets see how good it is. oh you cant make a dash, then shut up!" but im not going to say that.

yes nexgen was buggy as hell, yes a lot of things were broken, but its also something that over half of the people on these forums couldnt even DREAM of coming close to if they tried themselves.

sure it was hyped, and rightfully so, evox was the only game in town, it was nice to see something else come along.

a lot of people say "ooooh nexgen is crap, bla bla" but the second the new version is released that is a great stable release, those same people are going to be all over it, and conveniently forget all the dumbassed comments they made prior to the release.

give them props for trying to bring something to the scene, dont try to tear them down. its things like that that stifle the spirit of the scene.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »

The thread topic says it all..

X-ace

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (CowBallz69 @ Mar 24 2003, 11:22 PM)
thanks nexgen for not coming out with any more versions of your product. im so glad that u were listingin to all these assholes talkin shit about it because thats what u guys get for sucking d*ck to much.nexgen looked hoorable bad, caca ,dookie, looks like the middle of my a$$ (get the picture??)so get the cum out of your eyes and never try to make a sh*t dash like that any more( sorry admin if i was harsh but its apart of freedom of speach)  
wacko.gif

I wasn't going to install nexgen until I read this.
Now I just have to give them my support.

scsitit

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2003, 03:27:00 AM »

I said i give them props for doing something great for the scene, and i admire them for their obvious skill.  Im just pissed that it was hyped to the extreme when all it was was a dash with nice graphics and wasn't anywhere near as revolutionary as they were making it out to be.  And if they released a new version i wouldn't use it, I've been with XBMP since beta 4.

X-ace

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2003, 04:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (scsitit @ Mar 27 2003, 11:27 AM)
And if they released a new version i wouldn't use it, I've been with XBMP since beta 4.

While I love XBMP, and it has basically taken the place of my CD player, I don't think I'd scrap evolutionX as a dash. In my view trying to make XBMP a dashboard is subtracting from the efforts to make it the perfect media player.

But I agree on giving kudos to those who work hard for the rest of us.

CowBallz69

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

X-ace

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (CowBallz69 @ Mar 27 2003, 07:38 PM)
yeah but if u have alot of games like me in the hard drive u cant use xbmp because it will take like 2 minutes to just show up on the screen unless u only have like 5 or 10 games its a good dash replacment but i woulnt do it if u have 50 or 100 xbox games in the hard drive

why not?
Just choose diplay as list instead of by folder (image)

damonSK

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2003, 11:23:00 PM »

people who can code don't listen to that shit, they have something they haven't thats talent, and i'd like to see you make a program, bet you couldn't even figure out the syntax.

faggot