xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Waiting on Nexgen  (Read 76 times)

gainpresence

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« on: March 24, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »

ok as you all know nexgen so far is simply a pre-release beta

in fact it should have been called an alpha release, but let's not go over that one.

Lots of work has been going on with nexgen over the last month or so - all bugs are now fixed (ftp works great etc) and there are some new add-ons not yet seen

The next release will be a true beta with everything working (sure there may be some bugs but thats where you guys help out)

Expect a release very soon.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »

Its not dead.  They have no itentions of opening the source.

shanafan

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Mar 25 2003, 12:00 AM)
I don't think it's dead, Gotmod is working hard!

They'll tell us if it's dead.

Ubergeek (Feb 16 2003):
ok as you all know nexgen so far is simply a pre-release beta

in fact it should have been called an alpha release, but let's not go over that one.

Lots of work has been going on with nexgen over the last month or so - all bugs are now fixed (ftp works great etc) and there are some new add-ons not yet seen

The next release will be a true beta with everything working (sure there may be some bugs but thats where you guys help out)

Sweeeet

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 08:31:00 AM »

on the 16th of Feb and a month later its still not out? I think we will see the next release on the 1st of April. heres hoping  beerchug.gif

DANNYstallone

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 10:00:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 05:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (DANNYstallone @ Mar 26 2003, 06:00 AM)
oh yeah ill pick up that pile of shit they left in december and throw it in the garbadge with the n64 emulator beerchug.gif

[edit]Bah, fuck it, sick of responding to idiots like this.[/edit]

madmacka

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 05:39:00 PM »

dry.gif

diablo996

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »

God damn forum keeps flipping out so I lost my rant, but so summarize, STOP BITCHING.  If it were me, and my project, I wouldnt release any code to ungratefull asses like you.  All you do is rip on it and then you want my code?  Fuck that.  It takes a lot of time to code shit when you actually have a life.  Try it sometime.  They said they wont release it until it is ready.  No word means that it probably isnt ready, and instead of them saying that, and having to explain to everyone that bitches, it is just easier to say nothing at all.

Nailed

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (HoaX @ Mar 27 2003, 06:39 AM)
Yeah they should of said it was dead ages ago, then everybody would of shut up. Then they could release a mother fucking bomb when it was ready! muhaha.gif

Right on!!!  When will developers learn; even Carmack got dogged for that alpha demo of Doom 3.  You let buggy software slip, people are bound to talk.   It would have been more wise to disable buggy features.

Now to fan the flames...
The guys on the team were quitefrustrated at this negative feed back when it was clearly stated that it was simply a "sneak preview" and things pretty much ground to a halt.

Seriously... are twelve-year-olds developing this?  Did their feelings get hurt?  Do these developers seriously work in corporate America?  Developers... be the bigger person... brace the critisism... learn from your mistakes... and only get frustrated with your own bugs.

Btw, I wouldn't use Nexgen as it stands now, but the demo was awesome!

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (Nailed @ Mar 29 2003, 01:54 AM)

Seriously... are twelve-year-olds developing this?  Did their feelings get hurt?  Do these developers seriously work in corporate America?  Developers... be the bigger person... brace the critisism... learn from your mistakes... and only get frustrated with your own bugs.

Btw, I wouldn't use Nexgen as it stands now, but the demo was awesome!

hey I hear ya - the frustration came from the fact that it was stated that it was a preview and not much worked correctly

and then hundreds of posts complaining that it didn't work correctly  blink.gif

it wasn't about being upset - it was about being confused as to why people don't read smile.gif

the release was purley to show off the 3D models - nothing else.

But fuck it - it's back on track now smile.gif

Matzy

• Archived User
Waiting on Nexgen
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 04:26:00 AM »

Personally.. I cannot wait for the new Nexgen to come out.. and I will run it.
I use EvoX purely because its current and relativley stable.
I have seen it mentioned that Nexgen is only eye candy, and why have a menu thats more eye candy than funtional.. well, why have a console with excellent graphic capabilities and use a dashboard that does not use this graphics power.. !!!!

I say hats off to Ubergeek and the crew for making an effort to bring something different than just a menu system, and more than anything, for giving us a choice.