xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nexgen Dashboard  (Read 84 times)

Jon_188

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« on: January 19, 2003, 03:36:00 AM »

i agree 100%

whiffin

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 03:51:00 AM »

Yeah - and me.

Once neXgen get the bugs and features sorted then neXgen will certainly be my default dash

smudge

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 06:48:00 AM »

I have been using evox as my default in all of my xboxes. Yesterday I installed neXgen 0.91c and think it's fabulous! I think we all enjoy the configurability with our new M$ replacement dashboards, and tweaking for a past-time but when it comes down to just using the box.. well I think neXgen has it all. Fancy logo, easy to use menu and when I play media it isn't done by either dashboard but by xbmp and DVD-X.

You're right about the complaining at free software thing.. that is weird. I'm now off to the ideas forum to list some things that can only make it better, and not beta... right after I play some games!  biggrin.gif

LumbraX

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »

Well see GotMod announced neXgen WAY WAY to early, so most of us were waitin for about maby 2 1/2months for it. Then when GotMod released it lots of people including me were upset. Dont get me wrong though............the Dashboard fuckin OwnzZz. I may have to make it my default Dashboard when a stable release is out.  smile.gif

telo{+}

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 02:54:00 AM »

LumbraX got it right, (except that ownz part)

They released it WAY to early... it didnt evn have the features the first evox had (that was released around JUNE)... its just eye candy.... they deserve to get shit for that

And... They havn't even updated the news about,

hype.. hype.. hype.. hype... crappy release... nothing... nothing

But... They find all the time in the world to release gay ass PC to xbox remote open and close tray bullshit... but wait, its skinable bullshit... my bad,

So lets see some progress already... cause right now it deserves to be beat up

OlD-FaRt-2

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (waz @ Jan 21 2003, 06:55 PM)
[/QUOTE]
*slurp* you've got a bit of shit on your nose just there.

so letme get this right should someone release "free" software i should automatically praise the ground they walk on regardless if the software about as shite as whats currently on your nose?

Let me guess hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...  your about 12 right!?

KillMeStupid

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

What the hell?

Waiting for it is no god damned reason for "hating" it. neXgen team don't owe ANY of you shit, yet you all give them a hell of a time.

Oh, whats this? A label truncated onto the title that exclaims MOTHER-F**KIN BETA?! All you kids should know by now that beta means bugs galore. They didn't promise a final, they promised a release. And with all the rushing, thats what they gave you, a release.

Stop getting your panties in a bunch and actually post ABOUT the bugs, and how it happened, instead of "OMFG LOL SUXZ)RSDS!@#!$EQ"

The internet makes you stupid.

rhino

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 04:16:00 AM »

Telo.......... you are the biggest piece of shit, where do you get off bashing their hard work ever chance you get?

Where the hell is your dashboard we're all still waiting for your great contribution, or can't you even work you toaster yet.

You are so pathetic. I'm sure I speak for almost everyone when I say stay out of the nexgen forum or better yet go crawl back under you rock and DIE you little faggot.

Funny how the people who contribute NOTHING bitch the most, sure don't see evox team bitching...................only a little bitch bitching......

Since when do they owe you anything they work for months and months and provide their had work for free to everyone to use or not use, and this is the kind of crap they have to put up with....a little fagot bitch like you......... jester.gif

SO WHERE IS YOUR DASHBOARD ????????????????????

Heykrop

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 06:04:00 AM »

I have to agree.    NeXgen has potential to be a great dashboard replacement.  Maybe even surpassing evox if they can work ou some of the bugs add some more features and make it more configurable.  
I am waiting eagerly for the next release and will be making it my default dash when it is stable enough.  

As for all those that are bashing it. Come on lets give them a chance.  I too waited for a couple of months for the Christmas day release and in all hinest I was a little dissappointed.  I think it is great that people are giving them feedback on the problems but to just outright start off by attacking them and bashing the app is WRONG.  

Think about it.      How do you think you would have turned out, if the first time you wet the bed, when you little, your parents started bashing you and didn't give you a chance?   ( Of course from the ammount of whining that SOME people have done it is apparent that they STILL wet the bed.)

Lets have some patience with gotmod and help them raise neXgen to be a fine dashboard.

Hammy

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »

If people don't bitch or put there crap down then how the hell do you think these so called programmers know what problems there are and what they should add,as i do not think that the guys that programmed nexgen have even tried to use this thing as they would have found heaps of problems before they released this shit laugh.gif  beerchug.gif

KillMeStupid

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2003, 12:05:00 AM »

I'm sorry to say, but that was a stupid post, Hammy.

Lets see, this "bitching" in terms. Its all mostly numb-minded people saying there discontent with a certain item and how much they like the other similar item. Thats useless.

"Putting their crap down"? Genius! I have caculated the vescosity of this method, added it to high-powered lasers that shoot in the sky, and all the way to space! Then, space would be screaming in pain, excreteing powerful formula that feeds into the developers energy supply that gives them super-awesome-cool bug killing power! Take that outer-space!

You also seem to doubt these are programmers. Where the hell have you been?! These guys are prehistoric, high intelligent lemurs that just put a bunch of sticks, gum, string, and a hockey stick(Canadian lemurs?) together to form this data based on the Base2 numbering system!

Note: 75% sarcastic.

LumbraX

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2003, 07:00:00 AM »

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

Thats all your gonna get......... well not really but on these forums it is.

Antdog24

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2003, 07:50:00 AM »

huh.gif

quall

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 08:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hammy @ Jan 25 2003, 05:33 AM)
as i do not think that the guys that programmed nexgen have even tried to use this thing as they would have found heaps of problems before they released this shit laugh.gif  beerchug.gif

Where have you bean? It was stated numberous times that they rushed this beta because everyone kept asking for it. Though, it is stated beta, the nexgen dashboard is more like an alpha version. It is not even close to being finished.

They had no time to fix bugs or anything like that. If you don't like it, then don't use it. Spare us from hearing your constant bitching and acually help, instead of contributing to the problem. State whats wrong with it and what the glitches are. I seriously doubt that saying "nexgen dashboard fucking sucks" would help the programmers know whats wrong with it to fix the bugs.

KillMeStupid wrote:
Putting their crap down"? Genius! I have caculated the vescosity of this method, added it to high-powered lasers that shoot in the sky, and all the way to space! Then, space would be screaming in pain, excreteing powerful formula that feeds into the developers energy supply that gives them super-awesome-cool bug killing power! Take that outer-space!

lmao

KillMeStupid

• Archived User
Nexgen Dashboard
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (Antdog24 @ Jan 28 2003, 04:50 PM)
Why am I still reading this thread?!   huh.gif

Because I'm simply adorable!