xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.  (Read 129 times)

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« on: January 10, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »

Ok, this thread is not for people to bash nor praise neXgen, it's for the users to have 1 place to list bugs.. Now that we've all had the chance to try it for a bit, it would definately be helpful to the neXgen dev's to have 1 list of constructive comments/suggestions/bugs that need fixing.. Anyone who can donate a minute to help out with their input would be greatly appreciated... And also if there's any chance any x-s mods could pin this for easy reference that would also be greatly appreciated. smile.gif

aziwoof

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

1. Sometimes when I quit the dash to Evox, the evox dash is on another skin and has no launch menu.
2. I can't get the XML right - my progs get dumped right on the main menu. I cant get the progs to go under different sections in the storage menu. I'm trying to make different sections like in evox

• Games - Backup
  • Games - Homebrew
  • Emulators
  • Applications

Please help and keep up the good work.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 09:18:00 PM »

Excellent post, thank you very much.. Hopefully this sparks ideas in other's heads. smile.gif

Oger

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 04:58:00 PM »

wong login/pass for FTP crashes NeXgen

Http part is very slow

going to load it up again and ill try to force some bugs out

nfmus

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »

I'm thinking that some of the "bugs" aren't really bugs at all just shortcuts you guys took to get the release out on X-mas.  So I fully expect that the next official release will be very much improved.  

I'm using neXgen as my primary dash now and evo-x for ftp.  I've added a M$ Dashboard and Launch DVD link to the menu and they work just fine.  I wish that I could either get the default MS Dashboard item to either function or just delete it.

I've omitted the "Search Section" entries because they don't seem to be changeable and after renaming E: and F: Gamez - E: and F: Appz to Games and Apps everything shows up where it's supposed to be.

The Eject/Reboot bug seems to only exist after launching another program and then IGRing back to neXgen. It works perfectly after reboot.

If an unrecognized disc is inserted neXgen resets back to the default settings and ignores my XML.  IGRing with the disc in the drive results in the same results.  If I manually eject the disc and select MS Dashboard I am returned to my XML settings, removing the disk and doing an IGR results in the same.

That's about it for now, like I said before I'm not really sure what is really a bug and what is not.  I'm taking 3 weeks off of work and neXgen is definitely on my list of things to master so if anything else pops up I'll let you know.

BTW, Thank you.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »

U dont need anyone telling u that to know the problems that neXgen has

It's also got to do with users priorities and wish lists..

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2003, 07:04:00 PM »

Wasn't there already a rather lengthy bug thread posted in the forum elsewhere?

If you'd like, WikKid, I can merge it with this one....

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2003, 09:07:00 PM »

Well, I've note dthat one and it's contents.. But that thread was started the day of release, and is now buried.. I figured there was a chance now that people have used it a while, they may have not only noticed bugs, but perhaps noticed ideas for additional features.. Plus establishing an idea of what of the features mentioned to be in the absolute final, the average users would like to see implemented in the next release, as I'm pretty sure there will be a few revisions between now and final. smile.gif

nfmus

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (nfmus @ Jan 12 2003, 02:53 AM)
I'm using neXgen as my primary dash now and evo-x for ftp.  I've added a M$ Dashboard and Launch DVD link to the menu and they work just fine.  I wish that I could either get the default MS Dashboard item to either function or just delete it.

Sorted.  I copied xboxdash.xbe to E: renamed it msxboxdash.xbe moved it back and now the link works.

nfmus

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »

Since you are asking for requests, how about password protection of certain programs, files, or functions.  I expect that in the future neXgen will offer drive formatting and Bios flashing, if somebody else was on your Xbox they could inadvertently do some damage.  Also I hate it when I let someone play and they save their game over mine.  So if I could lock them out of even playing the game it would be nice.

Thanks again.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

haha an option 2 search the folder  of each app\game\emu for the titleimage.xbx file & if its not found there then resolve 2 looking in the udata directory.

This feature would be good for when u autoadd  items as u can add icons 2 an auto add emu/game ect

what u ppl think??

if u dont know what titleimage.xbx file is
its the file that holds the litle picture which nexgen displays nexto all apps/games/emus

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2003, 08:32:00 AM »

smile.gif

alagares

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

One original game will not boot. I use boxplorer to try to run the game from the dvd, but it always boot to the nexgen dash with it internal xml settings. Also I copy the game to harddsik no boot either.

the game is Transworld Surf

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2003, 10:31:00 AM »

Had you tried this game pre-nexgen? Running it from evo? Cuz I could never get this game to work for me at all.

alagares

• Archived User
Nexgen .91c Bug Listing.
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »

Wikkid I always used to run the game from the disc while using evox. I never tried to run it from the harddisk. If I have the time this week I will set evox as default dash, remove nexgen from the harddisk at all and then try to run the game from the harddisk. I will let you know.

Pages: [1] 2