xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Tought It Will Include Dvd(movie Ripping)  (Read 131 times)

charpunk

• Archived User
I Tought It Will Include Dvd(movie Ripping)
« on: December 26, 2002, 10:14:00 PM »

This release is really a beta and not an official release. Future releases will include more features. They left some out on this release.

XDelusion

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 02:23:00 AM »

smile.gif

reli

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 02:57:00 PM »

as i was saying, when they first announced the list of features of nexgen they said it would include dvd movie ripping, that's as far as i can remember, unless i was dreaming, can someone confirm this? i might be going crazy here.
has anyone read that too on the original promised list of features for nexgen or was it just me?

thanks

alee132

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 04:45:00 AM »

yep, they said that they would release it with a dvd ripping and playing feature, and other great features, when it is complete and out of the beta vers. it will be awsome.

XDelusion

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2002, 02:00:00 AM »

That'll be kool did they say what format it'll be ripping to?

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2002, 02:19:00 AM »

I've been waiting for that feature for a loong time. Wonder why is it so difficult to play the files from the hard drive. I mean they did it with dvdX without dongle and dvd encryption feature got around a while back.

Thats the only feature that will make me switch to neXgen, other than that its just has a few bells around with neXgen at the moment.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2002, 08:19:00 PM »

I don't think this feature will ever see the light of day, but I could be wrong

SSSSSmokey

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2002, 11:29:00 PM »

Why wouldn't you just play the movie off the dvd? Or just use a PC to rip it to Divx and then put it on your xbox. Don't flame me, I am just wondering.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2002, 11:43:00 PM »

because they are lazy....lol, it would be cool to have this feature, just to do it, ya know?

Keem

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2002, 08:43:00 PM »

Out of all the dashboards currently released the one with the most potential is NExGen they have some killer features on the way...

deltop

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2003, 12:27:00 PM »

Umm this to me seems to be an utterly pointless feature for a dash to have and so I doubt it will ever happen.

Ripping a dvd to the hard drive would be easy. But what's the point.

You'll either end up with 1 movie taking between 6 and 9 gig on your hard drive (Do you really want to lose that much space just for 1 film?) or it MAY be possible to do a divx (or xvid) encode straight to hard drive. This would be extremely complicated to do as there are just too many variables required to get a decent divx encode from dvd. Plus with the xbox's cpu it's going take a long time to do the encode anyway. This is what PC's are for!

If you want to rip dvd's just use your PC to rip, encode to divx and copy it over to the xbox. Or encode to SVCD and then copy.

With so many people having dvd writers now I also don't understand why people don't just copy the dvd to dvdr anyway.

All in all unless someone has a compelling reason for dvd ripping through a dash it just seems like a waste of time to me.