xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nexgen Won't Boot!  (Read 126 times)

soljin

• Archived User
Nexgen Won't Boot!
« on: December 25, 2002, 10:25:00 AM »

I tested next gen out while evox was my dash launching it from the app menu.  I liked it and decided to use it as my primary dash board.

I copy nexgen.xbe and the xml file to my C partition.  I have and Xecuter 1 so I renammed the xboxdash > xboxdash-evox.xbe.

Then I renamed the nexgen.xbe > xboxdash.xbe and reboot.

And now I am getting the old error 13 and I have no way here at my moms house to open my xbox no DVD to use and my box won't read any of the CD-Rs I have.

Did I miss the glarring warning that this thing isn't a stand alone dashboard or a special directory to drop the xml file in or what.  Please tell me why NexGen has made a very unhappy christmas for me.

Soljin

Xfreak

• Archived User
Nexgen Won't Boot!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 10:41:00 AM »

I don't know how to get the neXgen dashboard work properly using
an Xecuter 1 modchip,but you can always make a bootable Evolution X disc so you can access the Xbox HDD again.Then you can restore your old settings and use your Xbox again.It won't solve your problem getting the neXgen dashboard to work,but you
can use your Xbox again ;) .

zgm

• Archived User
Nexgen Won't Boot!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2002, 11:24:00 AM »

I got the same problem, I tried to use neXgen as a default dash, but once I turn on my xbox I have the error 13.

Im using the Evox D.6 eject fix bios and renamed evoxdash.xbe to !evoxdash.xbe, and renamed the neXgen.xbe to xboxdash.xbe, so the system should call this last file to boot up.

Maybe Im doing something wrong, do somebody use it as default or is just a bug?

Thank you, in advance and sorry for my english ;)

Ciao, Giuseppe.

Scan-C

• Archived User
Nexgen Won't Boot!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 01:30:00 PM »

same happened to me.i'm using pc-bioxx and x2 4973 but my problem was similar.i had to extract it with the newest winrar version.after that it worked fine

|DW|

• Archived User
Nexgen Won't Boot!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2002, 02:03:00 PM »

0.9c worked but 0.91c im getting error 13

This post has been edited by |DW|: Dec 25 2002, 10:12 PM

OpenXbox

• Archived User
Nexgen Won't Boot!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2002, 03:45:00 PM »

The same thing happened to me the first released work and now the second one gave me a 13 error.  How do we get this to work?

SeasonOfFire

• Archived User
Nexgen Won't Boot!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2002, 04:02:00 PM »

i had the same problem. i changed over to the nexgen dash, it worked fine, i updated it, and then got an error.

solve the problem:

ftp over using the evox dashboard, not the nexgen dash. the nexgen has ftp issues (gotmod.com even says so).

so boot up with a evox cd, ftp in, and fix it. and stop using nexgen to ftp until its fixed.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Nexgen Won't Boot!
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2002, 04:34:00 PM »

As stated there are difficulties with the ftpd currently corrupting .xbe files.. Bare with the nexgen team and they'll have everything fixed in due time.. but for now, it is suggested that you use xbftp or evox for all ftp xfers.