xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nexgen Dvd Playback  (Read 118 times)

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
Nexgen Dvd Playback
« on: December 25, 2002, 04:46:00 AM »

Can we copy the files of a DVD Movie to the XBOX Hard Drive and play it from there as if the DVD Movie is in the drive. I think this feature was supposed to get incorporated in the neXgen release.

PS: I'm not trying to pirate DVD's here, just on a knowledge basis. :)

sky131

• Archived User
Nexgen Dvd Playback
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (ZWinFlame @ Dec 25 2002, 11:39 AM)
Can we copy the files of a DVD Movie to the XBOX Hard Drive and play it from there as if the DVD Movie is in the drive. I think this feature was supposed to get incorporated in the neXgen release.

PS: I'm not trying to pirate DVD's here, just on a knowledge basis. smile.gif

The knowledge excuse does not hold up as well in court as the "backing up my own DVDs as part of my fair use" does. I just read the DMCA, and according to that rag both are completely illegal either way.

That is unless you just want to know and are not going to do anything. In that case, I call you a liar to your face.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
Nexgen Dvd Playback
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2002, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (sky131 @ Dec 25 2002, 08:39 PM)
That is unless you just want to know and are not going to do anything. In that case, I call you a liar to your face.

Better watch out when you comment on others questions. I asked a question. If you can't answer please DO NOT participate. Your answer does not help the cause of my question. And besides you’re no one to comment on what holds up in court or not. We are all here for knowledge, regardless of what is asked. You must be a 13 year old high school kid who's just getting to know the world.

So if you know the answer (which I'm sure you don't), please participate, or else ::Shhhh::

SeasonOfFire

• Archived User
Nexgen Dvd Playback
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 03:18:00 PM »

is it just me or is the "backing up" of DVDs legality still being decided in alot of countries? and who is anyone to say that ZWinFlame is coming from a country where it IS illegal? some places on the earth DO NOT prohibit the backing up of DVD's, so back off, it's a legitimate question. besides, he's not even asking "how do i copy a dvd?" he's asking "can it be done using the nexgen dashboard?"--and the two are very different questions.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Nexgen Dvd Playback
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2002, 04:36:00 PM »

I couldn't possibly care less about the legalities, but so you know the nexgen dash currently does not have dvd playback... The xmas release of the dash was not final, was never supposed to be final, and was never called final.. It was released to give users a taste of the dash, and what it will be... It's by no means complete, so be patient.