xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EvoX VS. NexGen  (Read 211 times)

krazyK

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2002, 08:58:00 PM »

That what this post is for; opinions. The guys who made RemoteX and Nexgen are great it takes alot to do this on thier off time. But if you were to do a comparison this is what happens. Every one has there own opinion.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2002, 10:01:00 PM »

You cannot compare evox to nexgen right now as we havent even released a beta.
Thats like comparing a Store version of Unreal tournament to a alpha of quake 3, of course UT would be better because Q3 hasent been tested for bugs, the bugs havent been fixed and its not feature rich.

to whoever said a major revamp is needed, na i dont think so, just a more complete version.

stay tuned

krazyK

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2002, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Dec 25 2002, 09:01 PM)
You cannot compare evox to nexgen right now as we havent even released a beta.
Thats like comparing a Store version of Unreal tournament to a alpha of quake 3, of course UT would be better because Q3 hasent been tested for bugs, the bugs havent been fixed and its not feature rich.

If thats the case than they should have waited before they released it. It's not about wether or not you can compare it or not because it is already being compared

regulater7

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2002, 12:43:00 AM »

# I can put my own items at the top level (Don't like the 'storage' folder on nextGen)

hey moron.. you can put links to items on the "top level".... newb Get a lil more info b4 you insult. god damn bitch hoe fucking slut dick lick. haha i dont know. Im Crazy as a kike, and tight as a todler lol!!! i have pussy! and its as tight as a 3 year old smile.gif... mmm 3 year old pussy...

Now i really dont know!

stiGGy

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2002, 07:46:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

NeoCverA

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2002, 05:51:00 PM »

Havent even bothered with NexGen, figured id wait out the extermination (bug killings).

to be honest, EVOX does what i need it to do and i dont spend a lot of time on EVOX.
I powerup goto what im going to do and do it. When im bored with that, i get back then right back into something else.

Looking nice is pretty much pointless for me since i dont spend a lot of time enjoying the view.

deltop

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2002, 06:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (krazyK @ Dec 26 2002, 08:23 AM)

If thats the case than they should have waited before they released it. It's not about wether or not you can compare it or not because it is already being compared

Only by people that don't know better.

There is no reason not to release a demo.

As long a people don't assume it's something that's it not.

It doesn't a genius to realise that it's pointless to compare the two.

It's just meant to give you an idea of what neXgen is about and what the final release will look like.

I mean come on this is stupid. Demos, alphas, and betas of all kinds of software are being released all the time. It's usually end users who are demanding them! People want to try out samples of software to see what they'll be like.

neXgen looks pretty, has some good features and will have even more soon. But still has plenty of bugs that need ironed out.

That's all you can tell from this release.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2002, 07:21:00 PM »

Though I don't promote MXM as a dashboard, I feel a bit offended it didn't end up on the list... niether did Xbox-OS (though I've never tried that one)

telo{+}

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2002, 11:42:00 PM »

I just installed it.... the kind of quality i expect from team executer... it fucking sucks

No, not cause its demo/beta/alpha/fetile. i took that into consideration.  I tried to like it... i wanted to like it... but no

It tries to look like somthing its not...    pretty ??? no, not really... maybe if they made it skinable so you could chose different 3d menus/meshes etc.... or at least take the 'theme' of the msdsh instead of trying to copy it

Its not the msdash, they came close...  and maybe thats good enough for them, but not me

I gotta config it with an ini/xml ??? WTF!  didnt anyone think  "hey! let's add toggles for snow and music!"... no. I gotta open up an xml to change those.   Its not even as easy as the EvoX ini

I dont mind the music really, but why not just play from a mp3 in the dir... what i gotta wait for a future version... lame-o

Settings tab has Open/CLose trey, power off/reboot.... are these settings ????

I dislike how you can only see like 4 gamse/apps at a time... I can see nearly everything w/o scrolling on evox

All in All... its half assed.
They came late to the party with a deparment store dress on

shanafan

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2002, 01:43:00 AM »

WTF? How is EvolutionX just barely winning this poll? Sad, very sad. Stupid n00bs who vote for NexGen...Who cares if it looks like the MS dash?

benJeremy, I am sorry about this TOTAL LACK of consideration of this board for MXM. It is such a FAR BETTER app than NexGen. MXM lets you play your own music, select your titles in a DVD-style menu system, and even play .wmv files as introduction movies for MXM.

Media X Menu > NexGen
HANDS DOWN!

crackz0r

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2002, 06:33:00 AM »

i just wish my modchip would hurry up and arrive so i can try some of these wonderful dashboards. ::sniffle::

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2002, 06:25:00 PM »

laugh.gif
neXgen may be a more realistic option in the future..but i'm stickin w/ evoX...there will prob be a new evoX commin out too

cykiller

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2002, 04:41:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

senator

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2002, 04:50:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif Ahh! shit pressed the wrong button and voted for nexgen !!!! jester.gif

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2003, 02:42:00 PM »

evox= released
nexgen= beta

how can you compare something that isn't even finished?
why did they release this demo? because you where all bitching about it and wanted to see the results.

now that a beta is released you all wanna go bashing the product?

i'd say wait till it's finished, then we'll talk.
Pages: 1 [2]