xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: EvoX VS. NexGen  (Read 212 times)

SlaYer

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« on: December 25, 2002, 12:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Dec 25 2002, 05:46 AM)
Well...I just want people to post there opinion of WHY they think whatever dash they chose is better? Thanks!

P.S. I'm an EvoX fan...so it is gonna take some good persuasions of y i should change to NeXgen  biggrin.gif

It is not a fair poll, EvoX is in it's 3rd revision and NexGen is still a beta!

Run this poll after the 2nd official release of NexGen!!!

1wolf1   a.k.a  SlaYer

sky131

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 12:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (1wolf1 @ Dec 25 2002, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Dec 25 2002, 05:46 AM)
Well...I just want people to post there opinion of WHY they think whatever dash they chose is better? Thanks!

P.S. I'm an EvoX fan...so it is gonna take some good persuasions of y i should change to NeXgen  :D

1wolf1   a.k.a  SlaYer

I think that is not a very worthwhile comment. If you come late to the market, you gotta bring tha ruckus and be the best quick.

It would be like saying the Kia cars should not be compared to Cadillacs until they have a few years to refine their designs.

The bottom line being, that Kia cars suck. I think neXgen will be better in the future, but for now I like EvoX

falconsfan

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2002, 02:47:00 AM »

I agree 100% This is DEMO not offical release, all the features havn't yet been implemented yet.
If you wanna compare, wait till neXgen has its OFFICAL release not from the demo versions!

I'm really disappointed, because the developers haven't ever talked about a useless alpha-version when they announced the christmas-release of their dashboard.

Actually they did say it was beta, they just added the whole xmas thing because thats when they were going to release it... You must be reading your info from the wrong sources..

krawhitham

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 02:56:00 AM »

add IGR to neXgen and it will have my vote when it is complete

just to lazy to burn new chip for homebrew I guess, then again why mess with something that is working

inciter

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2002, 09:11:00 AM »

EvolutionX is Fantastic and works without problems on my system. So for now I'll stay with it and enjoy it's poweR.

neXgen looks nice but just looking nice is not going to make me switch from Evox.

Just taking a few looks at the fourm here makes you think the neXgen is still in Demo and not Beta.

Looks real nice but not enough to redo all my settings that are working now. So start working all you Beta testers and get the Demo in to beta stage.

Icculus

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2002, 09:22:00 AM »

Nexgen is looking pretty cool, minus the music (the snow is pretty cool too). Unfortunately, the release is not complete enough to replace evox. Maybe someday when nexgen is complete i'll switch. Until then...nexgen may be slick, but evox has more features.

sky131

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2002, 09:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (XboxNewb @ Dec 25 2002, 10:52 AM)
Can you have both EVOX and NEXGEN on your xbox?

YES.

Just link one to the other. I would recommend linking evoX to neXgen as evoX is the most complete dashboard.

Satan00

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2002, 10:36:00 AM »

looks like there needs to be a major revamp of nexgen smile.gif
if it plans to beat EvoX
it sure is pretty tho

andreo

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2002, 11:32:00 AM »

The next gen dash looks very nice. I'll have to make some changes to the menu though. To many links to the xbox dash, including the link straight to the live dashboard. This is just asking someone to ban themself from live by accident.

krazyK

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2002, 11:58:00 AM »

I don't have the nexgen dash yet I'm still looking but from what I see at this stage there is'nt a warrent for the upgrade.

andreo

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2002, 12:16:00 PM »

Actually there's not. Just a different look and feel then the evo dash. If I didn't buy and x2-lite I wouldn't have went to the trouble. But since the only thing I needed to do was rename my evo dash and transfer the files up to my console, I figured "what the heck".

krazyK

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2002, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (1wolf1 @ Dec 24 2002, 11:56 PM)

1wolf1   a.k.a  SlaYer

So I guess a comparison between the Xbox and PS2 would be an unfair comparison sense the PS2 is on it's second generation and the Xbox is on it's first. Further more the PS2 came out before the Xbox. So a far comparison between systems for you would be to wait for the Xbox 2 to come out? I think MS did well considering the compitition it was up against. NexGen should consider this when it tries to do battle with EvoX.

2000ache

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2002, 02:18:00 PM »

smile.gif

echto

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2002, 03:34:00 PM »

sad.gif  

echto

• Archived User
EvoX VS. NexGen
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2002, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (krazyK @ Dec 25 2002, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (1wolf1 @ Dec 24 2002, 11:56 PM)

1wolf1   a.k.a  SlaYer

So I guess a comparison between the Xbox and PS2 would be an unfair comparison sense the PS2 is on it's second generation and the Xbox is on it's first. Further more the PS2 came out before the Xbox. So a far comparison between systems for you would be to wait for the Xbox 2 to come out? I think MS did well considering the compitition it was up against. NexGen should consider this when it tries to do battle with EvoX.

C'mon people...  This is getting a little rediculous don't you think.  beerchug.gif
Pages: [1] 2