xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 539 times)

rhino9

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2002, 09:08:00 AM »

Where are those cloning tools they were talking about? dvdripper, player, etc??

inciter

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2002, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (falconsfan @ Dec 25 2002, 09:27 AM)
First of all I would like to comment to those people who say they arn't impressed and that the dash is incomplete.... YEAH DUH... ITS A DEMO... demo

n. dem·o
pl. dem·os

a.) A demonstration, as of a product or service.
    b.) A brief tape or recording illustrating the abilities of a musician or other performer.

That would explain why its not complete....  :rolleyes:  Geez!!!

Second of all, for those who want very close color scheme to orignal you can use the xml code from neXgen first beta release..

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<menu>

<COLOR1 R="64" G="192" B="0"/>
                 <COLOR2 R="192" G="255" B="24"/>
                 <COLOR3 R="64" G="192" B="0"/>

Just Cut and Paste this between <menu> and

Turn off snow <nosnow>
Turn off music <nomusic>
Turn ON sound <sound>

And you have a VERY good idea what to expect on the OFFICAL release of this dash.. Looks SWEET, and am VERY Excited to see what will be next...  :beer:

PS. You can add a button on neXgen and Direct it to evo-x for those of you who are upset
that neXgen DEMO doesn't have all the features as evo-x..  What do you people want... LOL !

PPS. I do have a couple suggestions for the next release though... The "X" logo seems to be
a bit off centered to me.. Also, my "MS DASHBOARD" button doesn't take me to the dash, it just flashes and goes back to neXgen dash. maybe you could allow us to direct that button to whatever we renamed the orignal dash to ... In my case its renamed "MS-Dash".. Keep up the FANTASTIC work !!!

I don't recall seeing any official declaration that this is a DEMO? I understand this is the Release Beta. A demo that allows the public to start playing with settings and Cofiguring could lead to major problems.

This is a release neXgen v0.91c . not a demo.

KanadaKid

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2002, 09:54:00 AM »

After playing around with it for a while, I found an easy fix to get MS Dashboard to work.

It looks for msxboxdash.xbe rather than xboxdash.xbe

I just copied it and renamed it so I have both, so everything works fine when I turn off my chip.

This would be one feature it would be nice to be able to change. Something like
<msdash = "xboxdash.xbe"/> or something along those lines.

Otherwise, I think it's a great dash.

PS. IGR through the dash is stupid, and if put in, should have a disable option.

Gackt

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2002, 12:21:00 PM »

I agree with you, Inciter.

mark48

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2002, 03:23:00 PM »

Inciter and Gackt,

Nexgen is a free product that is pretty impressive. If you don't like it then don't use it.

Better still if you can do better lets see it.......

What do you mean you can't? Oh well you better stop moaning then eh!!!!

davidtbaron

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2002, 06:46:00 PM »

Ok here it goes xbox version 1.0 using xecuter 4973 bios and new 80 gig hard drive. no evox installed just nexgen as my dash. i am connecting to my xbox using a crossover cable directly to my pc nic card. as far as i can see unlike evox i cant set a static ip so how do i ftp to my xbox using flash fxp. my nic card on my pc is set to ip address 192.168.0.1  subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.0.1. now with evox all i did was set a static ip 192.168.0.3 and i could use that with flash fxp to connect. with next gen if i can assign a static ip to my xbox how do i connect????

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanx
[email protected]

davidtbaron

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2002, 07:29:00 PM »

Hey got it working just installed evox on hard drive with ini and the used nexgen as my main dash and no problem i can ftp to nex gen. i really didnt want it to ftp xbe file or games  just to transfer the xml back and forth playin with  the settings.

This is an awesome dashboard and just like to say who ever made this did an OUTSTANDING
job !

Would like to know how the hell it gets the thumbnail when showing games where the hell does that come from got a thumbnail for all my games except snesx newest version.

yeah also i noticed the i tried to delete files and folders using flash fxp and nexgen and it went thru the deleting process but folders would not delete.

Thanx

Ben999_

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2002, 10:12:00 PM »

I'm fairly sure it gets the thumbnail pics from the saves on the hard drive. If you look in the saves with the original M$ dash, they use the same pics. Also, i can't get nexgen to work as xboxdash.xbe, I always get the error 13 when i rename it and restart the xbox. It doesn't make sense.

VaporStone

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2002, 12:53:00 AM »

im getting tha same problem when i boot nextgen from the hdd as xboxdash i get tha magic red light but it works fine booting from a disk please help thanx

VaporStone

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2002, 12:59:00 AM »

when i put the new version in i got the red light now i put the old one back still get red but from cd it works does it make sum hidden file or something??

Ben999_

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2002, 07:38:00 PM »

i got it to boot from xboxdash.xbe then. I think the nexgen ftp was corrupting it, i must have re-sent it when i booted nexgen previously. Evox ftp works for sure so i got it to work later. Nexgen is not worth it yet.

tayior7

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2002, 03:42:00 PM »

what does the MS DASH link link to? i mean what .xbe file.

Ben999_

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2002, 07:31:00 PM »

that isn't a bug, you're supposed to rename the MS original dash to msxboxdash.xbe, that's why evolution x does it also.

tayior7

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2002, 09:51:00 PM »

tahts y they made the ybox bios- so you could keep the orig dash named the same.

NokiaChicX

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2002, 11:10:00 AM »

Here's a copy of my nexgen.xml file. It's not fantastic, but might help some of you out.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<menu>

<NOSNOW/>
<NOMUSIC/>

<COLOR1 R="64" G="192" B="0"/>
<COLOR2 R="192" G="255" B="24"/>
<COLOR3 R="64" G="192" B="0"/>

<SEARCH SECTION="APPLICATIONS" PATH1="E:\e:\Applications\DVD-X" PATH2="E:\e:\Applications\MediaPlayer2"/>
<SEARCH SECTION="GAMES" PATH1="F:\GAMES"/>

<SECTION NAME="UTILITIES">
<ITEM TEXT="BoXplorer" ACTION="Launch_Custom" PARAM="e:\Applications\boXplorer\default.xbe"/>
<ITEM TEXT="Xpad" ACTION="Launch_Custom" PARAM="e:\Applications\Xpad\default.xbe"/>
<ITEM TEXT="Config Magic" ACTION="Launch_Custom" PARAM="e:\Applications\ConfigMagic\default.xbe"/>
<ITEM TEXT="MS Dashboard" ACTION="Launch_Custom" PARAM="C:\xboxdash.xbe"/>
<ITEM TEXT="No Checksum Dashboard" ACTION="Launch_Custom" PARAM="C:\nochksum_xboxdash.xbe"/>

</MENU>
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]