xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 540 times)

anomousny

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2002, 11:46:00 PM »

I don't understand why people are so impressed by this release. It has a lot of flaws and is *very* incomplete. You only have a minimum amount of configuration options. The music doesn't fit to a x-mas release at all and is very annoying. Auto-Items doesn't give a name to about 20% of my tools, so neXgen is absolutly useless until a lot of bugs are fixed.

Maybe next year it's time to change to neXgen, but for now stay with EvolutionX and save your time.

William Odmiecks

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2002, 12:01:00 AM »

I have two versions of the DVD-X2 Region-Free Player, one for Standard Mode and one for Progressive Mode.

I hex-edited the title of the program in the XBE so I could distinguish between the two, but after changing it, my customized title no longer showed.

I sure as hope they didn't embed all the current XBE filenames and/or titles within the Dashboard, because that would mean that everytime someone releases a new program, version, or whatever, the neXgen dashboard has to hardcode the change into its own XBE, and we'd have to wait for their release as well?!

The music should be customizable and not be embedded with the XBE.

I also have a DVD Playback Kit, but when I pop in a movie DVD, it doesn't auto-launch, and if I choose the unnecessarily hardcoded "MS DASHBOARD" option, it goes right back to the neXgen dashboard - without loading my customized XML.  That bug is kinda like EvolutionX's Dashboard bug where it would fail to load the EVOX.INI file and show its internal default menu selections and settings.  I changed my screen to green and shut off the snow, but when I launched "MS DASHBOARD," i got the blue neXgen dashboard WITH SNOW.

I'd really like to use this, but we'll have to wait until all the major bugs are tapped out.

Kudos to the team/individual who put this together...  Great job so far!

jaxpunk

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2002, 12:08:00 AM »

already a new update out for the nextgen dash.  get it at the usual places!

just a quick glance, they fixed the scrolling issue.

JAXpunk.

sky131

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2002, 12:46:00 AM »

Maybe this will get the fire under the EvoX team to step their dash up a notch. I agree with William that NEXGEN is definitely not superior to EvoX. Or maybe should I say that it is not superior yet...

sky131

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2002, 12:49:00 AM »

I definitely think if they are planning to assume the role of an all-encompassing dash, then they need to implement a BIOS FLASH feature. Otherwise we still gotta go back to EvoX to flash our bios. Heck the X-Ecuter crew are the guys that make the best bios so they must be planning on this, right?...

Butcher98

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2002, 01:05:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

archon76

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2002, 01:07:00 AM »

Looks like the music can be shut off in the newest release.  

I was trying to run it from the F partition using a modified X2 color mod bios but nothing seemed to work.  I just recieved a error 13. The first release today at least started from the F partition.  The new release would not even do that. After I moved it the C it works fine now.

Looks like a nice dashboard but it really has a incomplete "feel" to it.  I think this is going to be a great when they are finished.

falconsfan

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2002, 02:27:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif  Geez!!!

Second of all, for those who want very close color scheme to orignal you can use the xml code from neXgen first beta release..

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<menu>

<COLOR1 R="64" G="192" B="0"/>
                 <COLOR2 R="192" G="255" B="24"/>
                 <COLOR3 R="64" G="192" B="0"/>

Just Cut and Paste this between <menu> and

Turn off snow <nosnow>
Turn off music <nomusic>
Turn ON sound <sound>

And you have a VERY good idea what to expect on the OFFICAL release of this dash.. Looks SWEET, and am VERY Excited to see what will be next...  beerchug.gif

PS. You can add a button on neXgen and Direct it to evo-x for those of you who are upset
that neXgen DEMO doesn't have all the features as evo-x..  What do you people want... LOL !

PPS. I do have a couple suggestions for the next release though... The "X" logo seems to be
a bit off centered to me.. Also, my "MS DASHBOARD" button doesn't take me to the dash, it just flashes and goes back to neXgen dash. maybe you could allow us to direct that button to whatever we renamed the orignal dash to ... In my case its renamed "MS-Dash".. Keep up the FANTASTIC work !!!

GRiMMX

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2002, 02:31:00 AM »

I just would like to say one thing first, thanks to everyone responsible for the neXgen dash!  Everything works nice,....    takes a lil longer to load than the evox dash though,...   Flash BIOS feature would be nice as well.  Can I configure it to change the music?

Jagosix

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2002, 03:03:00 AM »

smile.gif, This thing is great !!!!  cool.gif . Now if only u guy's  addon all the features of the orignal dash ya know...like Music, Time, Memory management  etc... Once u get to that point, u guys will rule biggrin.gif .  But right now I'm satisfied with what I have,. Keep up the good work.

u can learn something from everybody smile.gif.

Jagosix

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2002, 03:16:00 AM »

smile.gif... ph34r.gif  almost forgot please put IGR (in game reset) in the next update to this awsome program. THX   wink.gif

Epox

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2002, 04:13:00 AM »

no, seriously, wtf is nexgen? A dashboard?

Tribal Prophet

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2002, 04:31:00 AM »

Yeah, it's what will be competing with EvoX's dashboard now.  And as everyone knows, competition is great for all of us!

Merry Christmas!

Tribal Prophet

fabmu

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2002, 04:56:00 AM »

I tried to create more menus but he does not only function is applications and the games, he has as to create more?

tjoz

• Archived User
Merry Christmas
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2002, 07:18:00 AM »

wink.gif they will show up with tha games on tha hdrive and with those nice little pics on tha side wink.gif

cool great work nexgen blokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking forward to next relese

one thing: why does tha xbox reboot when i want to change dvd in tha tray. would be better if it suported eject trick. ya can always add a line to lauch dvds in tha menu

wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4