xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Ux Architect  (Read 3195 times)

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »

I also forgot....right click on any canvas item to open the edit menu..you can change things like transparency, colors and text.

pdottz

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »

Hecto.
actually furibg.png was being used by uxa at the time. I had it set as the main background and as the filemanager background.

about the preview overlays. I tested them on the xbox and it still shows the previews in a big square OUTSIDE the circle I had overlayed  it. maybe Im just doing something wrong though. Ill keep on testing and let you know if I find anything else.

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (pdottz @ May 30 2004, 11:53 PM)
Hecto.
actually furibg.png was being used by uxa at the time. I had it set as the main background and as the filemanager background.

about the preview overlays. I tested them on the xbox and it still shows the previews in a big square OUTSIDE the circle I had overlayed  it. maybe Im just doing something wrong though. Ill keep on testing and let you know if I find anything else.

I never tried loading the same image for both....I will check into that.

about the overlay...are you talking about the game preview or game icon?

I also just thought of sumthing. I will check this...but it may also have to do on how the skin xml is written.... for example

we want the images in this order

image 1 - transparent ring
image 2 - icon
image 3 - background

but if the xml writes it like this

<Image....>image 3.png</Image>
<Image....>image 1.png</Image>
<Image....>image 2.png</Image>

it doesnt overlay in the order WE WANT.

i gotta test this...but i think the xml will write the image tag items in the order the images was added to the canvas...so regardless on how you layer it....it will always write it in order it was added.......if thats the case....it will be fun fixing that bug....

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

ok so the images and shapes are grouped together on one plain? the fonts being the top and the bg being the back of course?

top-fonts

middle-images/shapes

bottom-bg

edit:

so the bug is whichever you create first will either most top or is it most bottom image?

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ May 31 2004, 12:33 AM)
Ah, it's gonna be fun switching the zIndex of the items, assuming they are individual controls. You may have to keep a record of the order, or just use the TabIndex property. A 'Send to Back', or 'Bring to Front' context menu might be necessary. Like I said, it's gonna be fun biggrin.gif

Note that elements are grouped by type, so InfoText are grouped separate from the images and shapes. And they will be rendered in the order they are found in the xml, First-in, First-out manner.

They are individual controls. I have used up the tag, name, forecolor, backcolor. but you gave me the fix....tab order. I already got the contextmenu set to "bring to front" and "send to back". I will work on that tomorrow morning.....I mean this morning (its 2am now)  sad.gif

Striker2k2

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »

sounds awesome, i'd like to test it too smile.gif

mrStumpy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 02:38:00 AM »

sounds good, where could i be so lucky as to find this phat app??? biggrin.gif

Cheers   beerchug.gif

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2004, 02:57:00 AM »

Guys, it will be publicly available soon. I just need to make sure everything works before I release it. It wont be a secret download. Anyways, UnleashX just gave me a breakdown of many new skinning features....all I can say is WOW. The next beta will have those features available. UXArchitect will FULLY support the new version of UnleashX when its released.

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2004, 05:26:00 AM »

Sounds very impressive. Can't wait.  biggrin.gif   pop.gif

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

i have been extremely busy but i managed to create a quick skin with it with few if any problems,, its actually my fav skin at the current time,, with about 10 min of plaing around,,

so we can expect to see mucho better skins soon smile.gif

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

Dude. I already changed alot. Im running the newest WIP of unleashx. I needed to incorporates all the new features.

Theme colors should be fixed.

Even though I didnt experience trouble with the fonts, I re-coded it and actually stremlined it to a few lines of codes. I hope it fixes that.

The installer now adds the zip.dll to the correct folder.

Im still working on the other reported bugs. Beta 2 should be done in a few days.

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »

hows the z axis of images/shapes coming along?

im messing around with different ways to make them in the order i want them after adding them in random orders

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (PaCMaYNE @ May 31 2004, 03:38 PM)
hows the z axis of images/shapes coming along?

I havnt even touched it yet. I spent the day in bed. Huge headache from all the working/thinking. In theory it should be quick. I need to finish up on 1 feature thats in the new version of UnleashX, I cant just leave that half done, I tied it in to my main "PreviewEditor" function, and if I leave it half done, the editor fails and the app will crash. Once thats done, I promise I will work on the z-order of the images/shapes.

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2004, 10:43:00 PM »

Ok, so I gave up on trying to write code to set the order the images and shapes. So what I did is take the easy way out. I added another tab called "Layers" and from ther you can move items up and down....very similar to the way Photoshop handles layers. I should be done with it in a few days.

PaCMaYNE

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »

thats not the easy way,, i was actually going to suggest that to you,, i think that will be less complicated,, as it will name the layers..right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15