xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uxarchitect Question  (Read 116 times)

pink_panther

• Archived User
Uxarchitect Question
« on: December 21, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

v1.0d or whatever you have is the newest and probably last version of the program. I have that same version and it works fine for me. I'm running windows XP ( pro ) but I assume it would work with most newer systems. Maybe try removing it ( using add/remove programs ) and re-install. Maybe even try finding the v1.0b version and see if that works, there pretty much the same. You can probably get that on xbins. Good luck, I know that program has helped me in making skins.
Here's my latest skin BTW, check that out and see if you like it: Xbox180 v4

pink_panther

• Archived User
Uxarchitect Question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

well thank you. Like I said try xbins and you can probably get an older version that might work. Photoshop it what I use to make layouts, so you might want to find that if you don't already have it. If you don't know how to get into xbins, here's a link for you on how to get into it: Xbins Tutorial

If you can't get an older version to work, maybe give me your system specs and I can find something else for you.

pink_panther

• Archived User
Uxarchitect Question
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »

yea the screen size should be set for 640x480. I guess I was wrong about xbins, I can't seem to find an older version... Huh. Maybe just do an add/remove, restart and reinstall. If it still doesn't work, maybe I can send you my folder that has uxarchitect and you can try running it from your desktop... It might work that way  dry.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Uxarchitect Question
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

Ok well UXArchitect is out of date anyway and dosn't have the ability to skin any of the new stuff like the media player, take advantage of zorder, or have font libraries,   My suggestion is you go and download a new skin open up the xml in a text editor and then just study how its done.

The only thing I use for skinning is photoshop and a text editor its all I need
Have a look at my skins (Click the link in my sig) and thats what you can do with a text editor.   UXArchitect is really ment for people who know very little about skinning and the same goes for any WYSIWYG skin editor

My 2 cents

memphissheik

• Archived User
Uxarchitect Question
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Dec 22 2005, 06:01 PM) View Post

Ok well UXArchitect is out of date anyway and dosn't have the ability to skin any of the new stuff like the media player, take advantage of zorder, or have font libraries,   My suggestion is you go and download a new skin open up the xml in a text editor and then just study how its done.

The only thing I use for skinning is photoshop and a text editor its all I need
Have a look at my skins (Click the link in my sig) and thats what you can do with a text editor.   UXArchitect is really ment for people who know very little about skinning and the same goes for any WYSIWYG skin editor

My 2 cents

thanks..
I'll eventually try the notepad method..
that's probably the best anyways..
I'm going to have to snatch a rundown of the unleash commands to see all that it's capable of

but thanks though