xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Jezz_x's Wip Skins Preview  (Read 731 times)

sr_sparky

• Archived User
Jezz_x's Wip Skins Preview
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2005, 03:03:00 AM »

Cool Jezz, any chance of a 16x9 version? And is there anywhere that we can download this one?

Cheers,
Stuart

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2005, 03:34:00 AM »

Looking sweet Jezz.  Any chance of something in 720p?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2005, 04:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(sr_sparky @ Nov 14 2005, 09:10 PM)
Cool Jezz, any chance of a 16x9 version? And is there anywhere that we can download this one?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2005, 04:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Nov 14 2005, 09:41 PM)
Looking sweet Jezz.  Any chance of something in 720p?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

the later one not the xdk one is avalible here and includes a version of the new Media Player skin
http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3041167

The Third Man

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Third Man @ Nov 15 2005, 05:22 PM)
Wow, I love the PM3 OSD skin. So simple with nice details all over the place. And the music player is awesome.

XBNormUK

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2006, 05:38:00 AM »

Hi Jezz, loving your work!

Looking for a few pointers and just to big you up really, most of the skins that stay on my box for more than a month or so have something to do with you somewhere along the line.

Anyways, I am just getting into the whole skin thing, and have started playing around with UX Architect, which is a good program really, I just find it a little buggy so I have taken to just creating the config using UX architect, and then making all my images on Serif Photoplus 6.0 and tweaking the config to position them.

Am I right in thinking you work mainly with a graphic package and then just construct the confi yourself, if so did you just pick it up as you went on or are there any decent tuts lying around anywhere on constructing configs. At the minute I am just editing them but would prefer to just knock up my own.

I also found this image earlier and am toying with trying to theme something on it, but I think the video screen is too big for a preview vid, so would end up looking shit, unless I swapped it and had the menu system on the main screen and the preview vid in bottom right console.

Any advice, ideas, and feel free to do one yourself if you like the image.

Edit, image hosting not working, will try again later.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

I started off by editing other peoples skins

As it is now  when I make a new skin I useually just start with my latest one and then change the graphics and edit the skin.xml in a text editor to change layout of things. ( I think neverwill does the same cause I could swear his new skin xml's look alot like my PM3 one edited   wink.gif biggrin.gif  ) As for any tutorials sorry no don't know any.

neverwill

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jan 15 2006, 06:49 PM) View Post

I started off by editing other peoples skins

As it is now  when I make a new skin I useually just start with my latest one and then change the graphics and edit the skin.xml in a text editor to change layout of things. ( I think neverwill does the same cause I could swear his new skin xml's look alot like my PM3 one edited   wink.gif biggrin.gif  ) As for any tutorials sorry no don't know any.

Yup, after figuring out how to skin the media player (with much help from you) I used one of your .xml's as a template. Then because it worked so well I would use it for the next one just changing around the graphics and such and editing what needed to be edited.  biggrin.gif

-neverwill

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]