xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Strange Problem Booting With Skin  (Read 124 times)

darkshadow

• Archived User
Strange Problem Booting With Skin
« on: February 19, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

I have for used unleashx as my default dashboard for a long time and last april I created a video skin but just today I decided to organize files on my xbox I used to have unleashx in the base of the C drive now I moved it and to f:\dashboards\unleashx\ and changed my ind-bios.cfg to point to that.

The strangeness started then every random boot the video would not load just the overlay (no menu) and the xbox would freeze (shows time of boot but time stays still), the rest of the time it would work perfect. Trying to fix this I deleted the gamesave using xboxdash and even items.xml. This was followed by it never booting and I had to use a boot disk to get back on the xbox. I was able to load unleashx and change skins resulting in my box working perfectly. This only time I can use my original skin is when I load unleashx as a app (perfect everytime)

I changed no settings in unleashx and did not upgrade. It worked perfectly in the base of the c drive since april so why would it be so touchy about a folder in the f drive.

I have a v1.0 xbox tsop'd with ind-bios 5003 and unleashx version 0.37.1218A Build 543