xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Skin And Network Problem  (Read 110 times)

xmod

• Archived User
Skin And Network Problem
« on: February 02, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »

well now after days of toying with it and remaking the skin an insane amount of times ive come to the conclusion that your dash is just poorly coded or i found some freak bug with the combination of what i did. i got it to go from not working to working but the menu is out of place. put the menu back in place and it just goes back to not working. well i gave up on just using notepad and decided to use a skinning prog and that at least got me to the point where as long as i go through the menu and give it thirty seconds i can then use networking. if i let it sit there it will not initialize. minutes, hours, it doesnt matter. quite annoying. however it is just the one skin. odd but annoying. oh, i forgot to add that i had installed ux on another xbox at my house just to make sure it wasnt just my xbox and got the same results.

i dont mean to talk bad about your dash but it does have some problems. constant freezing when uploading to the box through ftp. slow xbox to xbox transfers. horrible queing system. other odd glitches like the skin problem im having. dvds not launching. not just movies but even some games dont launch and i have to either go into the file manager to start the game or load go load dvdx2 through apps just to get the movie to start.

your dash has some great points to it as well. when the ftp is working its quite fast(long as its pc to xbox). would like to see it work with qwix better but hey you cant have everything. the text editor is great especially when i quick installed something before running out the door and forget to config it and realizing it when i get somewhere. while the one skin had a freak problem all of the others ive made went off without a hitch. your dashes skinning options are bar none the greatest for a person like myself. able to use videos, position pictures wherever, and the menu as well.  this is pretty much the only reason its still my dash. however i was an ava user before i switched to your dash for the skinning reason and its starting to make me regret switching.

i doubt you care but just wanted to voice my opinion.