xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Skins  (Read 196 times)

LightShow

• Archived User
Skins
« on: December 21, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

Does anyone have a list of tags (example: Source="$Time$"Source="$Time$", Source="$Date$") that can be used in the skin files?   Also, i noticed in one of the default skins that you can make text $Time$ slide right to left.  Anyone know those tags also?  Thanks for the help.

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Skins
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

Why don't you try out UX Architect. It works well and creates the tags for you. It is basicly a GUI for notepad or a WYSIWYG editor. http://www.xbox-skin...p?download=1606  smile.gif

LightShow

• Archived User
Skins
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

I'd rather type everything by hand.  Any suggestions?

Kthulu

• Archived User
Skins
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »

yeah, read the manual
see that pinned topic up there in the forum that says:

Pinned: Important Threads
FAQs, Tutorial, etc. -Readme 1st

the 'UnleashX Tutorial' doc explains just about everything

hydraulix

• Archived User
Skins
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

will be adding all skin tags to the skinners section of the website soon as well for quick reference.

LightShow

• Archived User
Skins
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »

Thanks. cant use UX Architect since i dont have .net framework.  Read the tut and doesn't give me the tag to make the text rotate like the ones that come with unleashx.  Im mainly interested in that tag.

Kthulu

• Archived User
Skins
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

yeah, that's kinda new and one of the few tags not in the tut.  here's an example:
CODE

Scroll="1" means scroll as needed; if it won't fit in the specified Width
Scroll="2" means scroll no matter what; always scroll

Kthulu

• Archived User
Skins
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 12:21:00 AM »

while i'm here, here are the only other skin tags that i think are not in tut:
<Filemanager SafeBoarder="False" DrawBoarders="True">
        <Background>filemanagerbg.jpg</Background>
</Filemanager>

SafeBoarder="True"  means that your screen callibrations will not apply to the filemanager background and text output.  everything is fixed into an absolute location on the screen.  not a good explanation, but the best i can give.  if you leave SafeBoarder out, it will default to True.

SafeBoarder="False" means that your screen callibrations will be in effect.  there is no absolute posistion for anything on the screen.  it's all scaled according to the screen callibrations.

DrawBoarders="True" means that it will draw a border around the different text areas of the filemanager.  leaving this out will default to False.

DrawBoarders="False" means no boarders will be drawn.  the user will only see your background and the filemanager text.

i think ScaleX and ScaleY are in the tut, but just in case...
<Text Top="392" Left="54" Align="Left" ScaleX="80" ScaleY="120"  Source="D: $DVDTitle$" />

this would make the text width 80% of what it would normally be and the text height 120% of normal.  tall, skinny text.  i think 125 is the highest you can scale.  i have no idea how small you scale, but things get pretty hard to read on my screen when you get 50.

LightShow

• Archived User
Skins
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 08:22:00 AM »

Thanks for giving me a straight answer. Very much appreciated