xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Ux Architect  (Read 2631 times)

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

Nope, ther was a typing error when i coded the alignment issue. I reupped it.

cjc

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

It reminds me of Samurize which is also an amazing app.  tongue.gif

Thank you so much for your hard work.. It is really appreciated.

beerchug.gif  pop.gif

love_tropicana

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

biggrin.gif , Still having new features up your sleeve ey... I salute you, unfortunately, it didn't come out working, well not on my system anyway.

An unhandled exception has occured..... etc etc..
Coul not find a part of the path C:\Documents and Settings\Hectobleezy\Desktop\Mind_Bender_skin_pack\Mind Bender Skin Pack\Mindbender\Mxm_Skin.xml".

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (love_tropicana @ Jun 21 2004, 10:13 PM)
Hecto... hecto hecto man..****...  biggrin.gif , Still having new features up your sleeve ey... I salute you, unfortunately, it didn't come out working, well not on my system anyway.

Shit, Thats supposed to be disabled/hidden. biggrin.gif

love_tropicana

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

fixadelicious!

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (love_tropicana @ Jun 21 2004, 10:23 PM)
Found something else when doing a skin from scratch and saving as UXA Project.
How typical isn't that... The moment you release it the program decides to have a nervous breakdown sad.gif As for now i'll revert to one of the beta versions (to finish the skin) Do you need further testing on this latest Xbox-Skins upload or do you pretty much know where and what it is that's broken? I'm free today and tomorrow so i can basically give it all the time you want. I've nothing better to do anyway smile.gif (Except for Future Tactics, fun game... very british.. and still fun smile.gif but i'm on the last episode so it'll be done in 30 minutes or something)

cheers, and don't let the system exceptions get you down!.. damn the man and his exceptions!

PS: Regarding this skin, i did something i usually don't... I choose fonts not in your application. If this could have anything to do with it.

That has everything to do with it. I already know where to look.

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »

Its fixed now.

love_tropicana

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hectobleezy @ Jun 22 2004, 06:23 AM)
Shit, Thats supposed to be disabled/hidden. biggrin.gif  Oh well. Here is my progress on it. I can load everthing properly except the text items. for some reason, its not picking up all the tags. so it sometimes wont load the color....or the text....or the width. MXM skins are hard to convert. All my xml code was written or uxa skins. Ive been working on it for hours.

I best upload a new verions without mxm stuff.

Sorry about that wink.gif

Let's just ignore the misstake and call it a teaser smile.gif

Still it's pretty damn impressive if you ask me, but i presume the same difficulties as with normal skin importing exists in this feature as well. But still,  beerchug.gif

love_tropicana

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

blink.gif

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »

EDIT

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (love_tropicana @ Jun 21 2004, 10:42 PM)
BTW:

I'm not sure if this feature is specific to UXA or to UX,
Use FE Safeborder and Draw Border. Would you or anyone else in the know ppplease tell me what this is about. Where did these come from,where was i?

blink.gif

If FE Safeborder is checked, it will make the filemanager use the old school "Safe borders"

If draw borders is checked, UX will draw the filemanager frames, even if an image is present.

Im assuming you didnt update UnleashX? Unleash released an update a few days ago.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »

Had a lot of problems displaying the different layers of my imported skin only saw the background

But for the color picker alone with preview I love this app and will use it for that

love_tropicana

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2004, 03:30:00 AM »

Imported will never be 100% perfect, there are just to many variations to be considered. And i do remember Hecto. mentioning something about the layers not being  100% either. But just use the move to back or move to front options to get the items where you want them. Work it baby!

Stranger007

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2004, 04:32:00 AM »

laugh.gif

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Ux Architect
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Stranger007 @ Jun 22 2004, 05:32 AM)
cool, the only prob i am having is when i import a skin it come up with errors, not to fust though laugh.gif

Like love_tropicana mentioned,importing will never be 100% perfect(importing uxa skins should be fine), ther is just alot of jacked up skins out ther. I made the importer skip alot of junk, like if you said to use a background, but never include the picture. Then ther is the ones that have stuff (xml elements) in the wrong place. Ther is one skin author (i wont mention names) who just recylcles the same jacked up skin and changes the names and a few pics. but still lists a cell.png, orb.png and fonts....but doesnt include them...or the skin file has like 6 images, but only 1 is used.

Now about the layers, I will specificly mention this skin cuz unleashx has mentioned this one before, but the "electric" skin uses almost all 640x480 images, when only like 60x60 of it is used, so the xbox uses more resources to load it. I admit that the display has its limitations, but if you start making skins with small images, then they appear fine in the display (I converted the electric skins and then used photoshop to crop the images and dayum, electric works better than before. If you trully want that old skin to work, you can simply rebuilt it in uxa pretty fast. in less than 5 minutes. I also noticed when i was testing the import feature most skins made with sketchy skinner and releashed, those loaded up fine. its those skins that written with notepad is where you will ALWAYS run into trouble.

I will never claim that the importer is 100% perfect. Importing UXA skins should be 100%, unless it was manually edited with notepad. I will always keep working on the importer.

IF you want to use UXA only as a conversion tool, then you will be very disapointed. If you use UXA to make skins from scratch, then you will benifet from uxa's capabilities. Dont give UXA a bad review because it didnt import the skin  you wanted. Instead review and talk about how fast you properly rebuilt that skin in uxa, all its features. not just the importer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14