OG Xbox Forums > Skins and Tools

A Note To All Skinners

(1/3) > >>

Yuyu:
Another reason for this I imagine would be to directly download skins to the Xbox....I believe that the sources for Unraring files is freely available too, so not sure why they should have to be .zip files, as Unrar functionality should be built-in with the downlaod skin from dash method...Unless this is harder to implement, whcih not sure why it would be if it can do .zip, I would have to say both formats should be supported....  

koldfuzion:
QUOTE (Yuyu @ Jan 17 2004, 03:44 PM) Another reason for this I imagine would be to directly download skins to the Xbox....I believe that the sources for Unraring files is freely available too, so not sure why they should have to be .zip files, as Unrar functionality should be built-in with the downlaod skin from dash method...Unless this is harder to implement, whcih not sure why it would be if it can do .zip, I would have to say both formats should be supported....
rar is suppoted up to a certain version.  I cant remember the version number, but it is well below what most of us are probably using.  Its just safer to use zip.

grebulon:
Here's a link to the free source code of unrar 3.3.6. It supports the latest version of WinRAR, and they keep updating it with every release.
I guess UnleashX uses unrarlib which supports versions up to 2.9.

jonathan2007:
Bump to make sure skinners remember this.    

neverwill:
Hmmm, interesting, I didn't know this. All of my releases have been in .rar format, now I know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version