xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleash X Freezes At Boot  (Read 147 times)

Naxon

• Archived User
Unleash X Freezes At Boot
« on: January 21, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem after installing that same program. Sad thing is I don't think I backed up my eeprom sad.gif

galactica

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »

I encountered a similar problem when playing around with the dashboard start-up (I wanted to make xbmc open from boot). If you have used a game exploit to perform the softmod then the following may help. If you boot the xb with the memory card (containing the softmod install files) plugged in, it will act as a boot disc taking you to the original soft mod install screen. There you can re-install or even better gain you can ftp access and correct your mistakes.

ash_ruh

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 03:35:00 AM »

i have same problem. what does backing up eeprom mean? how does it help? my xbox is hard-mod (xecutor) is there any way i can ftp into my xbox and perhaps start to backup my files in f:\ drive? help appreciated.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:50:00 AM »

Cold boot with a boot/rescue disc - Frosty's Rescue disc, or AID, or Slayers. (Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower.) This will give you FTP access to backup your files and replace your dash (or make whatever repairs you need).

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »

The latest AID is 4.5, not 1.2 (that's probably why there are few 1.2 seeders), and it is huge so takes an age to download. Go for Frosty's Rescue disc - it's really small and easy to find.

Just replace your dash and its config with a clean version. N.B>, if your Xbox is softmodded, DON'T touch anything on the C partition.

ash_ruh

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »

Heimdall

Managed to boot using Frosty's Rescue disk and FTP'ed in. Sad, the F: drive is totally empty. Has the dashboard wiped the contents? Seems I have lost my games, music & tv shows. Is there any way I can recover them?

Contents:
C drive:
Seems the original dashboard is here. I can see
config.xml
unleashx.xbe
xboxdash.xbe

E drive:
has some eeprom backup files alongwith the following folders:
Games - empty
TDATA
UDATA

F drive:
here my games, music & tv shows originally resided. totally empty

G drive:
empty

X drive:
contains file cached_filesys.dat

Y drive:
empty

Z drive:
empty

Can you please help Heimdall? A bit disappointed. Mine is Xecutor 2.6CE with 200GB HDD.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 06:19:00 AM »

Sounds as though your disk doesn't have an on-disk partition table, and your current BIOS is hard coded for F takes all. Don't worry - your data should still be there when you reboot without Frosty's.

If you are sure your Xbox is chipped then you are safe to mess about on the C partition. Start by replacing unleashx.xbe and config.xml with clean copies, and clear E:\cache\ (if it is there), and the X, Y and Z partitions.

ash_ruh

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »

can anyone bail me out? i am unable to obtain unleash.xbe & config.xml. i hv tried the "usual places"  but owing to lack of knowledge, i got kicked out. plz help! i fear that i have lost out my contents in f: drive!!

ash_ruh

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »

ah! sigh of relief!

1. burnt the Frosty's Rescue disc  ISO to DVD-R.
2. Started Xbox with Frosty's Rescue disc.
3. FTP'ed into the Xbox
4. On C drive, deleted the config.xml & unleashx.xbe
5. managed to obtain latest version of UnleashX from the "usual place".
6. Un-rar'ed the UnleashX.rar.
7. FTP'ed the config.xml & unleashx.xbe to the C drive of Xbox.

And got my F: drive contents back. Works!! Thanks a ton to Heimdall.