xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Set Xbox To Only Boot To Unleashx  (Read 126 times)

spiderdan

• Archived User
Set Xbox To Only Boot To Unleashx
« on: May 23, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »

When I first installed my softmod, I set the installer to boot to the microsoft dash when the disk tray was opened. This has become more of a nuisance than anything and I am hoping someone here can tell me how to set my xbox to boot only to UnleashX. Thanks ahead of time!

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(spiderdan @ May 24 2009, 10:46 AM) View Post

When I first installed my softmod, I set the installer to boot to the microsoft dash when the disk tray was opened. This has become more of a nuisance than anything and I am hoping someone here can tell me how to set my xbox to boot only to UnleashX. Thanks ahead of time!

Which installer?

spiderdan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »

It was an Ndure installer. Not sure which version. I think I still have the save files. Would it say the version there? Thanks for the reply!

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »

NDURE doesn't really narrow it down much. Was it a gamesave softmod (Krayzie or SID), or a hotswap / xboxhdm softmod like Kingroach, and which version was it?

spiderdan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »

The gamesaves say SID 4. Thanks for the patience guys. Been a while since I installed this softmod. Sometime last summer I think.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

Backup your gamesaves etc. to your PC via FTP, then use this method to upgrade to Krayzie 1.1.1. It will overwrite your C and E with a new softmod. Once that's done boot CASH again, use option 2.C.1 (Install Krayzies Ndure v1.1.1 Extras), run Krayzie extras, and select Multiboots - Uninstall multiboot.

spiderdan

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »

Thanks Heimdall. I suppose CASH needs to be booted from frosty's? Was wondering if I could just boot strait to the CASH disk somehow. Do both need to be burned to dvds, or will cds be okay for one/both? Guess I'm just wondering if there's a way to get the xbox to boot strait to CASH since it sounds like it will do that for frosty's. Just trying to save disks lol.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »

Burn them to whatever works on your Xbox - but for most people that's DVD-R. If you could boot straight to CASH then I wouldn't have bothered writing the post I linked you to, I'd just have suggested using CASH and reading the CASH manual ..... rolleyes.gif

spiderdan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »

Good enough for me. Thanks for the help Heimdall. Hopefully can give this a try sometime tomorrow. Otherwise, I may need to wait until summer break. Sounds simple enough but I got a bunch of final projects and exams. Free times been kindof scarce lately. Nevertheless, you've been quite informative.

kingtiger01

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

you could do all that... OR... use NDURE's re-builder, when i softmodded my 1.6 iusing ndure 3.0. it came with a ndure modded version of UnleashX, with a menu option for changing things like boot option, or completly removing XLIVE/XBXDash all together. i just removed multiboot

Could also make a XBXHDM disk with youre eprom saved on it, and just unlock it from there and have it rebuild C and E. leaving the files alone.

Food for thought...