xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleash (and Emulator) Resolution (1080i)  (Read 70 times)

bergles

• Archived User
Unleash (and Emulator) Resolution (1080i)
« on: February 07, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »

Hi. I can't seem to keep my Unleash menu to stay in 1080i. I can go to the MD Dashboard, and select 480p/720p/1080i, and then hit Trigger-Trigger-Back-Start to go back to Unleash. The Unleash menu is now in 1080i.

If I reboot/restart Xbox, the Unleash menu (and everything else) reverts back to 480i. How can I make this stick?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »

Sounds as though your Xbox is softmodded and has virtual eeprom enabled. You need to temporarily bypass the virtual eeprom to make the changes, otherwise you aren't changing the real settings, just the temporary ones in memory. How you do that depends on your softmod. For Krayzie NDURE you run Krayzie Extras, for Kingroach you run E:\ndts\default.xbe. If you aren't sure which softmod you've got, boot with Frosty's Rescue disc - that also bypasses the virtual eeprom - then select Rescue Applications - Xbox File Manager and run xb0xdash.xbe. In all cases unless you have changed the default settings the LED will be red when the virtual eeprom is bypassed.

For this to work properly you need to ensure that you DON'T have a copy of eeprom.bin on the Xbox. If you have then make sure you have it backed up to your PC, then delete it from your Xbox. You might have to bypass the virtual eeprom to do that as well.

bergles

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »

thanks for the info - I was afraid it was something like that.

I did use the NDURE softmod...

if I mod another Xbox in the future, is the smart thing to fire it up (unmodded), change the video settings, and then mod? Would that keep it locked at 1080i?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »

That should work - but changing it afterwards is relatively easy. Bypass the softmod, delete all copies of eeprom.bin (back them up first), make the change, reboot. smile.gif

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »

Your Xbox has to be NTSC, not PAL.
You need a cable that supports high resolution video (genuine SCART, or component, or VGA).
You have to bypass the virtual eeprom to enable the high-resolution modes from the MS Dash.
You need to remove all copies of eeprom.bin from your Xbox (back them up to your PC before you delete them).
Krayzie NDURE puts the eeprom backup in E:\backups\eeprom\backup\.