xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Deleted Evoxdash.xbe File After Update  (Read 85 times)

cbs071379

• Archived User
Deleted Evoxdash.xbe File After Update
« on: July 30, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »

just to add, i can still load onto the xenium OS.  but when i select the first bank (where unleashx use load from), it loads straight to the normal xbox OS.  from there i can see all my files, including unleashx in the saved games section, but the only option i have is to delete the file.

azzemmell

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »

You don't need to make a evox cd.  Just burn a copy of slayer's autoinstaller (which can be found in the "usual places") and pop it in.  So:   put hdd back in xbox, boot to xenium bank with slayer's in dvd drive.  it should load up and you'll find tons of options that will help - look in the readme that comes with it.

You'll likely have to reinstall everything (don't remember the exact options or whether it will completely wipe the hdd), but just take your time and pay attention to the slayer's readme.

Wait a sec, just reread your post:  i think if you get slayer's up and running you should be able to ftp to the xbox.  then you can just rename unleashx's xbe to evoxdash.xbe...  or something like that.  google for "upgrading from evox to unleashx". I know i followed a tut to do this, but its been a long time. think there might even be a tut here on xbscene.

cbs071379

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(azzemmell @ Jul 30 2007, 03:58 PM) View Post

You don't need to make a evox cd.  Just burn a copy of slayer's autoinstaller (which can be found in the "usual places") and pop it in.  So:   put hdd back in xbox, boot to xenium bank with slayer's in dvd drive.  it should load up and you'll find tons of options that will help - look in the readme that comes with it.

You'll likely have to reinstall everything (don't remember the exact options or whether it will completely wipe the hdd), but just take your time and pay attention to the slayer's readme.

Wait a sec, just reread your post:  i think if you get slayer's up and running you should be able to ftp to the xbox.  then you can just rename unleashx's xbe to evoxdash.xbe...  or something like that.  google for "upgrading from evox to unleashx". I know i followed a tut to do this, but its been a long time. think there might even be a tut here on xbscene.

Thank you so much for the help.  Wouldn't it be better to load slayer's auto installer onto a separate bank?  (I can still load to xenium's os) Bank 1 has the unleashx with the wrong file name.  If I put slayers onto Bank2 and load it up, wouldn't I still be able to find the file on bank1 by ftp?  I'd rather do that then risk losing (writing over) all my old data...like games, emulators, and other apps.  Do you think that would work?  Thanks again, I can't thank you enough.

cbs071379

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(cbs071379 @ Jul 30 2007, 06:48 PM) View Post

Thank you so much for the help.  Wouldn't it be better to load slayer's auto installer onto a separate bank?  (I can still load to xenium's os) Bank 1 has the unleashx with the wrong file name.  If I put slayers onto Bank2 and load it up, wouldn't I still be able to find the file on bank1 by ftp?  I'd rather do that then risk losing (writing over) all my old data...like games, emulators, and other apps.  Do you think that would work?  Thanks again, I can't thank you enough.

Thanks a lot for the help.  It worked!  I used slayers auto installer and FTPed to my computer...changed the name of the file and now it works just fine.  Thanks again for the help.