xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unable To Retrieve Data From The Server  (Read 54 times)

new_website85

• Archived User
Unable To Retrieve Data From The Server
« on: February 06, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(CatfishD @ Jan 24 2007, 05:13 PM) View Post

Hi all, I'm new to Xbox homebrew/mods so sorry for any noob things I say smile.gif
I have softmodded my Xbox using Krayzie's Ndure v1.1 installer and I am using the UnleashX dashboard. When  I go to "Live Update" and then update, it downloads until 99% and then fails with the error "Unable to retrieve data from the server".  I tried it with the "Server" textbox empty, and I tried with the alternate server (209.225.8.65/unleashx). I am on a D-Link WBR-2310 with a built-in firewall, and the Xbox works perfectly on FTP, it's just the live update that fails.
Any help would be great, thank you.
I will probably get the answer "Download From Xbins" but this update (according to sticky) is available on Live Update only.

I get the exact same error...  Is this a bug?  It seems to download the whole update (as seen through the progress bar) and then error out with this message.  My server entry is set to an empty string.  What should it be set to in order for me to successfully receive the update?  I am currently at version 0.38 as installed by Krayzie's NDURE.

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
Unable To Retrieve Data From The Server
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »

UnleashX hasn't been updated in awhile.  you can get the last public builds from the usual places, if the auto-update servers are down.

i've noticed a LOT of things broken in UX now, and it all has to do with unleashx (the man) not updating....everything from servers and downloads not working to weird crashes based on certain buttons being pressed at certain times.

I updated krayzie's NDure package to a 1.1.1 AMOC release back in september, in beta form, with an updated version of UX on it.  its very rare, and dev on it stopped due to some other projects ive been working on.  if i get ahold of the right people, and if there's enough support, maybe it will start up again.