xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stuck On Unleashx Logo  (Read 82 times)

AtomicShroom

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »

I uploaded xSnes9x to my Xbox via FTP, rebooted the Xbox, and now it won't get past the UnleashX logo. It stays stuck there forever and I can no longer do anything.

Help?  How could this happen?

eems01

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »

Exactly the same problem here!

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

Maybe try and remove the emulator by using a boot disc to ftp in and see if that works If you knoe the point at which it failed it shouldn't be hard to track it down

williamsa0000

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:15:00 AM »

All i did was load up my splintercell disc strait from boot so it dont goto the dashboard. then just load up the linux file and it will take it to the default dash then u can FPT and change wat eva u did. would work for the other discs to sofmod an xbox.

eems01

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »

Originally I fixed the freeze by using the Splinter Cell technique above, ftp in, and deleting the emulator folder.  Reboot and was fine.  I then updated to the newest version of the Unleashx dash (which may not be necessary).  I put the xnesx9x emulator back in and again it froze on boot.  I was going to give up and use the splinter cell technique again and I ejected the tray put the disc in quickly and closed and then the Unleashx dash loaded fully.  I removed the game disc, shutdown, powered up, and now the dash loads and I can launch the xsnes9x emulator fine.  Hopefully it stays fixed.

jdp80

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »

I got this problem today after installing some emulators. The problem appeared to be caused by the fact I had uploaded the emulators in both apps and emulators. Once I rebooted and did a Splinter Cell/linux save, I was able to access the disk via FTP and delete the emulators from the apps directory and it worked fine.

So maybe having the same directory in both apps and emulators causes a problem?

eems01

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 03:50:00 AM »

The only thing I had in Apps was XBMC when this freeze was occurring.  Now I have at least four Emulators installed and it is still working great!

KurtTheMighty

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 12:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(AtomicShroom @ Jan 21 2007, 01:06 PM) *

I uploaded xSnes9x to my Xbox via FTP, rebooted the Xbox, and now it won't get past the UnleashX logo. It stays stuck there forever and I can no longer do anything.

Help?  How could this happen?

I did the same exact thing you did, I put xSnes9x on Xbox by FTP and after rebooting it kept freezing at UnleashX logo.
I found this out by accident.
I don't know if this will work for everyone but...

Okay I put Splinter Cell in and while in the main menu I held "top left trigger, top right trigger, start, and back/select" to restart the xbox then the UnleashX logo appeared and faded to a black screen.
Then I ejected Splinter Cell and the UnleashX dashboard loaded this time and I was able to access the Xbox HD from my PC via FTP and remove the emulator...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I have'nt done it again cause I just took the emu off the xbox and it boots into UnleashX just fine now(until i screw it up again) can someone confirm this?

Note:My Xbox was not softmodded with Splinter Cell(used Mech Assault) I have no linux file on Splinter Cell. This was very lucky as I would have had to buy a new copy of Mech Assault to try and fix it cause my bro took it with him to another state lol.

This post has been edited by KurtTheMighty: Sep 16 2007, 07:42 AM

wazzledoozle

• Archived User
Stuck On Unleashx Logo
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »

I had this issue as well, only with the newest xsnes9x from 2004 though. 1.42 from dec 03 doesn't cause this to happen.

I fixed it by dropping the hard drive into a pc with xboxhdm and unlocking/locking the drive.

This post has been edited by wazzledoozle: Nov 19 2007, 02:44 AM