xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Download Game Video Previews?  (Read 292 times)

chorizo1

• Archived User
Download Game Video Previews?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

same thing as THIRD MAN, re-installed old version, deleted the saves and rebooted, tried again and still no go. it was working before the update because i got a POP video about a week ago.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(xer2 @ Feb 23 2006, 11:36 PM) View Post

Makes no sense, but it does work if I use a proxy.
I decided to pass the xbox through proxomitron just so I could trace the http requests and check if they were ok.
Tried downloading a preview and saw a url like http://www.xbox-skin...vid.php?sid=977 but I also saw different behaviour on the xbox. There was no 404 errror, but it downloaded only 4096 bytes and stopped. I backed out and tried again and it downloaded the whole thing.
Downloaded a few more previews  although some I had to try twice.
Then I disabled the proxy and all I could get was 404 errors.

Well i guess thats why it works for me because I always go through a local proxy server

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(scoot-magee @ Mar 2 2006, 09:20 AM) View Post

I have the same 404 problem also....
Anyway I downloaded them directly from the site on my pc. Does anyone know what folder I have to put them into?

This has allready been fixed for the next release but to answer your question
Name them preview.wmv (or .xmv if thats what it is originaly) and put them in the same dir as the games default.xbe that the preview is for

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

This has allready been fixed for the next release but to answer your question

biggrin.gif

And sound for the preview is skin dependant you will have to open up your skin.xml file and look for somthing like this
<Preview EnableAudio="False" Left="200" Top="85" Width="442" Height="310"/>

and change it to true

daddio5280

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

Some where in the skin.xml file, on skin that show previews, there should be a string that says:

<Preview EnableAudio="False" Left="-8" Top="-3" Width="312" Height="234"/>

Change it to say this:

<Preview EnableAudio="True" Left="-8" Top="-3" Width="312" Height="234"/>

This will play the sound with the preview movie. But I have found some xml files that don't have this string but DO show preview movies. I don't know if you can add this string in that case, or where to add it within the xml doc.

As far as where to put the previews, I created a folder on the F drive named "PreviewMovies" and put all my downloaded movies in there. Then make sure you allow menu edit within the system settings of the dash. Highlight a game then press the start button to go into the edit menu. Choose "edit item" and a list with the name of the game, the preview icon, and the preview movie will show up. Choose the preview and locate the wanted video file on the HDD no matter where it is. Some games already have previews somewhere in their files if you search for them.

You can also do this for all the menu items on the screen, not just games. So I have a custom icon and video show up when I highlight "reboot" or "shutdown". You could also change the names of any of these items in the same menu area.

I always download the previews to my PC. Un-zip the files, then FTP them to the xbox. I never have to worry about a 404 error that way. Hope this helps.

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

I've never been able to download, period, from any dashboard.  It always says, "Unable the retrive file: HTTP STATUS 11002".  How do I fix that.  I have an ftp set up and that works fine.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Mar 2 2006, 10:37 AM) View Post

I've never been able to download, period, from any dashboard.  It always says, "Unable the retrive file: HTTP STATUS 11002".  How do I fix that.  I have an ftp set up and that works fine.

Really it depends on how your network/internet connection is set up
If your xbox connected straight to your computer you will need to set up "Internet Connnection Sharing" in windows XP to allow your xbox connection to your internet.   You will also need to make sure that you set up any firewalls you have installed to allow you xbox to connect as well.

If you have a broadband Internet and connect through a router its tottaly different again

Basically you need to look at the many networking tutorials in these forums the links to witch I don't have right now  dry.gif

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »

Thanks, I just figured it out.  All I did really was enable DHCP, now I can download skins.  But I do get the 404 error when trying to download previews.

oOELEM3NTXOo

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

will i got it to work half way

i got a list of game previews for halo 2 then it gave me a 404 error when i tryed to download  mad.gif

gavo

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

In my favorite skin, the video only plays for 2 seconds and stops. ph34r.gif  uhh.gif

gavo

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »

How would I go through a proxy, so it would work?

gavo

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

What ip do I set in unleashx? I need a stable proxy server tryed tons nothing will work in unleashx i get a error 10060

ikaroweb

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

Then, I succeed to download the skins from allxboxskins.com while I do not obtain the list from xbox-skins.net therefore I think that there is a problem to level of code.  uhh.gif
Inoltre ottengo un HTTP 404.

sr_sparky

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 04:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(ikaroweb @ Mar 23 2006, 05:51 PM) View Post

Then, I succeed to download the skins from allxboxskins.com while I do not obtain the list from xbox-skins.net therefore I think that there is a problem to level of code.  uhh.gif
Inoltre ottengo un HTTP 404.

This issue has been noted MANY MANY times. It has been fixed in the most recent WIP build of unleashx.

ikaroweb

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 04:38:00 AM »

How I resolve?  I have the last version of the unleashx.
Pages: 1 [2]